Why does Stormzy seem to think he represents UK culture? Watch

This discussion is closed.
GriffinOrBust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Even if you accept the existence of black music in this country, we have had all the UK Garage and Hip Hop we are ever going to need. What does this guy add other than more degeneracy?

At best he is a minority interest in the back streets of South London, but certainly there is no way he should be given a platform at Glastonbury.
IH8Studying
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
jamesbarry17
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I dunno, I find MC Devvo and Genno D more culturally relevant tbh

But Glastonbury can platform who they like if it sells tickets.
GriffinOrBust
Rep:
?
(Original post by jamesbarry17)
I dunno, I find MC Devvo and Genno D more culturally relevant tbh

But Glastonbury can platform who they like if it sells tickets.
Only relevant to a tiny portion of London. Nothing to say for the majority of middle england.
wxgmak
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If no one liked Stormzy he wouldn't be famous. You may not like him or his songs but others do lmao
Just don't listen to his songs and move on.
GriffinOrBust
Rep:
?
(Original post by wxgmak)
If no one liked Stormzy he wouldn't be famous. You may not like him or his songs but others do lmao
Just don't listen to his songs and move on.
He isn't even the best of the black community, which speaks volumes of how degenerate this country now is. There shouldn't be any black music here, even Disco Polo is more relevant.
wxgmak
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by GriffinOrBust)
He isn't even the best of the black community, which speaks volumes of how degenerate this country now is.
you sound like a pissed off white boy who's angry because immigrants are taking your jobs
GriffinOrBust
Rep:
?
(Original post by wxgmak)
you sound like a pissed off white boy who's angry because immigrants are taking your jobs
Which is how the locals of most country's react to foreigners. Even Japan, Singapore. Why should they be here? We were never asked about black immigration.
vicvic38
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
A lot of things make up British culture. We are famously multicultural. Grime is one of these things, and Stormzy is the mainstream face of Grime.

Not that I care for the genre, but it's as British as 3am Kebabs, Somerset Cider, and Greggs.
Black Cat
Badges: 20
Report 2 weeks ago
Which is how the locals of most country's react to foreigners. Even Japan, Singapore. Why should they be here? We were never asked about black immigration.
Why should you be here? I bet you don't contribute anything to society let alone pay taxes. Wasteman.
vicvic38
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If you are worried about low skilled immigrants taking your job, you should probably worry about your own career prospects, more than anything else.

To say this sort of thing is ignorant, and trolling. We facilitated the slave trade for a long time, and our Caribbean brethren have as much right to be here as anyone else.
vicvic38
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Totally wrong, the foundations of most rock and disco music lie in European folk tradition. The 4/4 beat is inherently white. Black culture was imposed from the 60s onwards.
What? I never mentioned Rock or Disco. The roots of those lie in Blues, Soul, and Funk.

Stop Race Baiting.
wxgmak
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by vicvic38)
If you are worried about low skilled immigrants taking your job, you should probably worry about your own career prospects, more than anything else.

To say this sort of thing is ignorant, and trolling. We facilitated the slave trade for a long time, and our Caribbean brethren have as much right to be here as anyone else.
Their account was made today, theyre defo a troll.
GriffinOrBust
Rep:
?
(Original post by Black Cat)
Why should you be here? I bet you don't contribute anything to society let alone pay taxes. Wasteman.
Why should any native of any country be where they are?
GriffinOrBust
Rep:
?
(Original post by vicvic38)

Immigration is a privilige. The political elite imposed this on the British people. We never voted for any of this.
NotNotBatman
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Closed. Mods may re-open it if they feel it is appropriate.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (110)
17.74%
It's just nice to be back! (167)
26.94%
Not great so far... (224)
36.13%
I want to drop out! (119)
19.19%

Watched Threads