shreya kc
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Every biology student probably knows what speciation is, same species but due to different environmental conditions, have adapted and adapted untill, the same species are too different that they cannot produce fertile offspring and so inturn become different species. this has happened to many organisms, but why has it ever happened to humans and if it did in the past, how can we still produce fertile offspring?
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Because it takes more than a few thousand years to happen for our lifespans.

If you're comparing us to drosophila then you have it very wrong.
Last edited by Bio 7; 1 year ago
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by shreya kc)
Every biology student probably knows what speciation is, same species but due to different environmental conditions, have adapted and adapted untill, the same species are too different that they cannot produce fertile offspring and so inturn become different species. this has happened to many organisms, but why has it ever happened to humans and if it did in the past, how can we still produce fertile offspring?
All humans alive today are still incredibly closely related. Go back far enough and there were quite a few species of human kicking around, some interbreedable, some not. The fact that we are now globalised prevents us from diverging further to become different species.
Last edited by Vinny C; 1 year ago
Welshvisitor
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Look into the origins of human development. There have been a number of non homo-sapien species of people that died out.
Welshvisitor
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
We differ in ethnicity and physical attributes.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Welshvisitor)
Look into the origins of human development. There have been a number of non homo-sapien species of people that died out.
Closer to say bumped off or absorbed once cro-magnon went global. The absorption hypothesis accounts for both the variation in ethnic races and their interbreedability.
Last edited by Vinny C; 1 year ago
Yochahine
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
We are not the same we have different genome
so that's why we have different eyes, shapes, colors, hairs... etc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (66)
15.03%
I'm not sure (16)
3.64%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (148)
33.71%
I have already dropped out (7)
1.59%
I'm not a current university student (202)
46.01%

Watched Threads