How to structure a 8 mark question in the edexcel a level business paper

Watch
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, just wondering how I would structure a 8 mark question in the edexcel a level business paper ?
Sam171
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 2017090422222)
Hi, just wondering how I would structure a 8 mark question in the edexcel a level business paper ?
I dont believe it differs from board to board, i took A level business and economics CIE
However the structuring is pretty simple

1) start with a definition of a keyword given in the question
(For example if the question involves marketing you can start with defining “marketing” being the process of assessing and attracting and anticipating consumer needs and wants in a profitable way

2) second step is providing your reasoning , advantages or disadvantages according to the question , any question higher than 3 points requires analysis , meaning a disadvantage or reasoning isnt enough , (improving motivation reduces labor turnover ..HOW¿ ..because workers will feel less alienated within the company, they will feel cared for and they can focus more on production reducing mistakes ...——-> this will reduce waste of material and help reduce average cost ...so you have to work like this

3)IF THERE IS A CASE , REFER TO IT , if it is a clothing factory, talk about designs, fabric , stuff like that , put keywords in order to gain application points

4) a 8 point question doesnt usually require an evaluation, but to me i like to write a small paragraph concluding my reasoning and providing other views or possibly some type of extra explantion that might make my analysis and essay stronger

***ps ***
Dont be too irrelevant , keep yourself within the topic, if the question says finance , dont talk alot about marketing except to say for example , if the company doesnt have good financial management they might not be able to budget effectively affecting their marketing objectives , causing a reduced ability to advertize to the correct target market for example, thats it , dont overanalyze other sections , you can use stels like that for the ending as extra views

ANOTHER IMPORTANT THING IS GRAMMAR , PUNCUATION, AND LANGUAGE
Practice your english and make sure you have clear handwriting and make your essay seem more attractive to the examiner, they are human at the end , if they find it more sophisticated even though it doesnt have that many ideas, it can be graded higher than a weakly written essay with the same points with weak vocab and grammar errors

Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (97)
28.36%
No - I have already returned home (44)
12.87%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (65)
19.01%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (35)
10.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.53%

Watched Threads