The Student Room Group

Asthma?

I’m wondering if I have asthma as I am getting pretty worked up with my breathing problem

I keep on taking deep breaths every 3/4 minutes, and a cough with wheeze and mucus hits me every 5/6 days.

Whenever I wake up from my sleep my fingers are like numb/tingly it can either be my left or right hand.

I’ve been to the doctors several times now as I’ve had symptoms for around 2 months, they still aren’t sure what it is.

I’ve had x-ray all clear. Took some blood tests and they said my vitamin d is low. Going to have another blood test in few weeks to check everything for example, heart.

I did use the blue inhaler for about a month but the symptoms kept on coming back, I’ve not used the inhaler for about a month now and I’m wondering if it’s to do with asthma.

What could be making me take deep breaths every few minutes, I want to get to the bottom of it and cure it as it is driving me insane

Thank you
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by ZeshaanMM
I’m wondering if I have asthma as I am getting pretty worked up with my breathing problem

I keep on taking deep breaths every 3/4 minutes, and a cough with wheeze and mucus hits me every 5/6 days.

I’ve been to the doctors several times now as I’ve had symptoms for around 2 months, they still aren’t sure what it is.

I’ve had x-ray all clear. Took some blood tests and they said my vitamin d is low. Going to have another blood test in few weeks to check everything for example, heart.

I did use the blue inhaler for about a month but the symptoms kept on coming back, I’ve not used the inhaler for about a month now and I’m wondering if it’s to do with asthma.

What could be making me take deep breaths every few minutes, I want to get to the bottom of it and cure it as it is driving me insane

Thank you

Just to add I’ve been having a lot of difficulties trying to get to sleep for the past two weeks

I either cannot sleep at all or I wake up every two hours in the night especially around 4:30 AM.
Reply 2
I always have a weird feeling left side of chest where my heart is
I don’t know I can feel something there moving but I’m not sure what is really going on
Hi,

I suffer with asthma and your symptoms sound kind of strange to me. If the blue inhaler didn't help at all I'd say it's unlikely it's asthma. Plus, it's strange that you're symptoms are every 4/5 days- asthma usually has environmental causes such as smoke or hay-fever.

I'd say make sure you get your heart checked. I've have a heart murmur (narrowed valve) and suffer with heart palps and an occasional irregular heartbeat. I can relate to a few of your symptoms- including the weird feeling (moving) on your left side. What I have isn't dangerous but it's always better to rule stuff out. What is it that wakes you?

I hope you're feeling better soon.
my brother had similar symptoms, except for the mucus he had a repeated dry cough and was woken up every night & day coughing. they had given him also a blue inhaler (salbutamol) but only relieved the symptoms for hours and used 2-3 full inhalers for 1 month before given a trial of the brown inhaler (beclomethasone) in which his symptoms disappeared (faster acting due to dexamethasone) after visiting the A&E with a GP referral.

Quick Reply

Latest