Hasan167
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Started a level maths of A levels as a whole, I'm doing maths business and law.
I'm worried about maths and law but mainly maths .
I got a 6 in maths my predicted grade was a 4 and I did not try one little bit, I enjoy maths, however I don't enjoy revision 😂 can I cope to get a B or a C at A level?
Rudav123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
A level maths requires ALOT of revision and practice questions to get a semi-decent grade
Hasan167
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rudav123)
A level maths requires ALOT of revision and practice questions to get a semi-decent grade
so how much revision and when? to get let's say a B or C remember I didn't try at gcse and was predicted and targeted a 4
Hasan167
Rep:
?
can anyone else help me
Shpee
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
A-level Maths is a tough one, as I'm sure you're already aware. When I first started, I tried to do a few textbook questions every week, the exact amount depending on how hard I found the topic. As I got nearer to the end of the course, I was doing multiple past papers a week. I got out of it with an A (only a few percent off an A*) but it was definetely due to the revision. I know it's boring as f**k but it must be done I'm afraid, especially if you want a B/C
whatajokee
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Hasan167)
can anyone else help me
I feel the same lol, i'm just gonna practice as much as I can really, I got a B too so I was worried but I wouldn't of been allowed to do the course if they didn't think I could , so don't worry about that
Hasan167
Rep:
?
(Original post by Shpee)
A-level Maths is a tough one, as I'm sure you're already aware. When I first started, I tried to do a few textbook questions every week, the exact amount depending on how hard I found the topic. As I got nearer to the end of the course, I was doing multiple past papers a week. I got out of it with an A (only a few percent off an A*) but it was definetely due to the revision. I know it's boring as f**k but it must be done I'm afraid, especially if you want a B/C
Huh so for a C I need to revise a lot wtf?!
Hasan167
Rep:
?
(Original post by whatajokee)
I feel the same lol, i'm just gonna practice as much as I can really, I got a B too so I was worried but I wouldn't of been allowed to do the course if they didn't think I could , so don't worry about that
ye but I'm not the type to sit for 4 hours a day revising I'm not gonna lie, I can do 20 mins and I won't look at another textbook.or notes for the rest of my evening
Shpee
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Huh so for a C I need to revise a lot wtf?!
Same for quite a few A-levels tbf. If you're not naturally gifted, revision is essential. If you wanna trial it, try doing a mock with no revision done, and if you get a B/C in that, maybe you can get away with it. But I've had so many pretty talented mates get A/A*s in mocks, got cocky and thought they didn't need to revise, and boom: Cs and Ds in the finals
whatajokee
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
ye but I'm not the type to sit for 4 hours a day revising I'm not gonna lie, I can do 20 mins and I won't look at another textbook.or notes for the rest of my evening
lol that is literally me, I won't do 4 hrs at all I would probably just do 20 min like you said every other night just to refresh my memory
Uzair787
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I got a 6 in maths my predicted grade was a 4 and I did not try one little bit, I enjoy maths, however I don't enjoy revision 😂 can I cope to get a B or a C at A level?
ah dang it, i see you were in a similar position to what i was. I got a 6 at maths in GCSE when i was predicted a 7 because i just did not revise XD.
So when it got to A levels and i chose maths, my school has implemented this weird thing where they basically give you a test at the end of september to see whether you can stay on the course or not.
Bad side to this is that they really REALLY pushed you to see how much you can handle (even my tutor was shocked that they were teaching trig identities as the first thing). So ye basically because i still had my GCSE work ethic, unfortunatly i didn't pass the test and i got kicked out of A level maths .

So ye regardless of whether your school has that test or not, you really ought to WORK DAMM HARD, i'm in year 13 and i'm feeling the pain of not working hard in year 12.
Hasan167
Rep:
?
(Original post by Uzair787)
ah dang it, i see you were in a similar position to what i was. I got a 6 at maths in GCSE when i was predicted a 7 because i just did not revise XD.
So when it got to A levels and i chose maths, my school has implemented this weird thing where they basically give you a test at the end of september to see whether you can stay on the course or not.
Bad side to this is that they really REALLY pushed you to see how much you can handle (even my tutor was shocked that they were teaching trig identities as the first thing). So ye basically because i still had my GCSE work ethic, unfortunatly i didn't pass the test and i got kicked out of A level maths .

So ye regardless of whether your school has that test or not, you really ought to WORK DAMM HARD, i'm in year 13 and i'm feeling the pain of not working hard in year 12.
hey I got that test, I passed it with no revision again 😂 but ye I'm not expecting to revise much as some say u don't need to just work hard in lesson and do all homeworks.
Hasan167
Rep:
?
(Original post by whatajokee)
lol that is literally me, I won't do 4 hrs at all I would probably just do 20 min like you said every other night just to refresh my memory
yes that's something I don't mind doing, the thing that's stressing me is all colleges expect students to revise for 15 hours a week all together, I would be lucky to Do a hour 😂
Hasan167
Rep:
?
(Original post by Shpee)
Same for quite a few A-levels tbf. If you're not naturally gifted, revision is essential. If you wanna trial it, try doing a mock with no revision done, and if you get a B/C in that, maybe you can get away with it. But I've had so many pretty talented mates get A/A*s in mocks, got cocky and thought they didn't need to revise, and boom: Cs and Ds in the finals
I just did a mock in law got a C but just got it everyone else failed I didn't revise just looked at some notes for 5 mins before, I did a maths mock didn't revise and passed too. I have a good memory tbh it's just some teachers still say oh you need to revise
Hasan167
Rep:
?
had my maths lesson today again, I kept up quite well with those that have grade 8/9s but hey it's probably gonna get harder
Calebb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A level maths is h a r d. I am in year 13 and due to our school not doing AS Level anymore we have a total of 5 people still getting Es or Us in our mocks last week. I would not recommend A level maths to anyone who doesn’t feel like they could commit to the amount of hard work and practice questions it takes. Year 2 is particularly challenging but by the time you get to year 2 it would be far too late to drop it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (260)
33.9%
No (507)
66.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed