Turn on thread page Beta

*wants things to go her way for once* watch

ReputationRep:
    It's been a crappy crappy week!

worst I can remember in ages.

Got dumped by carl sunday...
    then my mate got raped,
    then told to go home and die...

you'd think that was enough for one person for a week...

but no. Phoned home last night. My older brother went to hospital on Thursday, consultation about the bone marrow transplant he's gonna have...
    They should be carrying on with the chemo. They gave him a leaflet or something explaining th side effects of both the level of chemo he'd be on, and the bone marrow transplant. He's now decided he isn't going to take any treatment. None whatsoever. Last time he got like this it took so much effort to talk sense into him. But no one can do it this time. No one can find the words he'll listen to.

Bugger it...

ReputationRep:
    Will he die without the transplant??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shootingstar)
    It's been a crappy crappy week!

worst I can remember in ages.

Got dumped by carl sunday...
    then my mate got raped,
    then told to go home and die...

you'd think that was enough for one person for a week...

but no. Phoned home last night. My older brother went to hospital on Thursday, consultation about the bone marrow transplant he's gonna have...
    They should be carrying on with the chemo. They gave him a leaflet or something explaining th side effects of both the level of chemo he'd be on, and the bone marrow transplant. He's now decided he isn't going to take any treatment. None whatsoever. Last time he got like this it took so much effort to talk sense into him. But no one can do it this time. No one can find the words he'll listen to.

Bugger it...
    this is all true?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what to say to make tings any better, just hang in there and be strong for ur brother...he needs someone to stay level headed to be able to talk sense in2 him (hugs)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !Laxy!)
    this is all true?
    yes, this is all true...
    I might be many things laxy, but a liar never has been one of them

ReputationRep:
    He's going to die eventually from the cancer either way, but with the transplant he has a longer life expevctancy.
    With transplant, they expect eight years,
    Without, two or three... tops...

ReputationRep:
    .........Wow...:|

*hugs*

I'm speechless.

ReputationRep:
    yes, this is all true...
    I might be many things laxy, but a liar never has been one of them
    it is obvious no one is sick enough to lie about that. As for your brother he needs to know that by not having chemo will make him worse so in both ways he is going to be ill. Explain to him if he does not have chemo he will still get worse. If he has it he will still be the same but there is a bonus if it actually working. Took me ages to make sure there are no mistakes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguin cool)
    it is obvious no one is sick enough to lie about that. As for your brother he needs to know that by not having chemo will make him worse so in both ways he is going to be ill. Explain to him if he does not have chemo he will still get worse. If he has it he will still be the same but there is a bonus if it actually working. Took me ages to make sure there are no mistakes
    all this he knows, but he seems to see it as he won't be in much pain without the treatment. We've tried to talk sense into him. He's been told this time and time again.

ReputationRep:
    all this he knows, but he seems to see it as he won't be in much pain without the treatment. We've tried to talk sense into him. He's been told this time and time again.
    anyway of making him or by saying at least do it for mum and dad? anything like that work?

ReputationRep:
    anyway of making him or by saying at least do it for mum and dad? anything like that work?
    he don't get on with his dad. we've tried everything.
    The last timne we tried saying 'for someone else', my younger brother had said to him, what about your kids. He decided it wasn't fair for them to go through all of this, tried to leave them, got into a motorbike accident and nearly killed himself that way...

ReputationRep:
    he don't get on with his dad. we've tried everything.
    The last timne we tried saying 'for someone else', my younger brother had said to him, what about your kids. He decided it wasn't fair for them to go through all of this, tried to leave them, got into a motorbike accident and nearly killed himself that way...
    im afraid you may have to accept his decision. In the end you cant blame yourself because you have tried but it is his decision.

ReputationRep:
    im afraid you may have to accept his decision. In the end you cant blame yourself because you have tried but it is his decision.

I think thats the hardest part...

ReputationRep:

I think thats the hardest part...
    i know but at least he will no longer be in pain

ReputationRep:
    i know but at least he will no longer be in pain
    If you really love someone , you have to let them go... It's the hardest thing to do but they will be happier and no longer in pain x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_crazyflakes)
    If you really love someone , you have to let them go... It's the hardest thing to do but they will be happier and no longer in pain x
    I know. think its a case of easier said than done for everyone involved...

ReputationRep:
    I know. think its a case of easier said than done for everyone involved...
    yes but as some of you might no that my sister did die of cancer and my mum and dad had to make the choice whether they had her resusitated (however it is spelt) and when she died they let her go and now they actually feel happy that she is no longer in pain. They still miss her loads though but it does make you feel a bit better knowing you have helped them. It just does not seem like it before they die.

ReputationRep:
    yes but as some of you might no that my sister did die of cancer and my mum and dad had to make the choice whether they had her resusitated (however it is spelt) and when she died they let her go and now they actually feel happy that she is no longer in pain. They still miss her loads though but it does make you feel a bit better knowing you have helped them. It just does not seem like it before they die.
    I'm so sorry to hear that. what kind of cancer did your sister have? my brothers got non hodgkins lymphoma.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so sorry to hear that. what kind of cancer did your sister have? my brothers got non hodgkins lymphoma.
    :eek: my sister had that :eek: she had it in her neck and chest :eek:

ReputationRep:
    my brothers is in his groin, but its now spread to most of his left leg as well. was a grade three when diagnosed, but I'm not sure if its gone worse since he went nearly a year without treatment.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.