Stressed Girl
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
How should I be revising for English Literature GCSE? I'm doing Romeo and Juliet and do any of you guys know any useful websites.
FionaMacrae
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi! Romeo and Juliet wasn't my text, but I can suggest a few revision techniques. Make colourful mind maps on key themes and characters with quotes and stuff, but also make if fun - write 'absolute idiot' next to Romeo and stuff like that. Watch movie and theatre adaptions and just enjoy exploring the text.

Other than that, it's also exam technique - ask your teacher for an acronym or something to help you structure essay paragraphs. You can get to know the text by writing your own essays too, but I imagine your teacher will give you enough if those. Maybe come study leave time you could ask for some sample questions to practice.
biggyK
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I’m only good for English language but I guess it’s kind of similar
MusicNerd2001
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi, I studied Romeo and Juliet for my coursework in GCSE, and can honestly say that quote banks are your best friend! Colour code them, add methods in when relevant (and explain what the methods mean, especially for Sheakespeare!).

For me, going into an English exam is all about having quotes learnt off so the you can structure a more solid point off of the quotes you have learned.

Hope this helps!
Trust Orang
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Look at youtube analysis of the book. Familiarity with the internal debates about the book's readership will help you to make up your mind and argue properly.
Rick Ape
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Go and see it at the theatre as many times as you can by different production companies. There's nothing like seeing Shakespeare live to really understand the nuances and subtly of his writing.
Stressed Girl
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Thx guys for the feedback
holly6901
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
try Seneca and do exam questions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • University of Bradford
    Postgraduate Open day/Evening Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • Queen's University Belfast
    Postgraduate LIVE Masters & PhD Study Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Mar '20

Do you get study leave?