ellap0173
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello, I have just started politics A level and already feel like I'm drowning. Does anyone have any advice for extra reading, getting ahead, revision tips and just basically getting my head around the subject??
HumbleBee_x
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Pre-chewed politics is my saviour :heart:
AHoek10
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ellap0173)
Hello, I have just started politics A level and already feel like I'm drowning. Does anyone have any advice for extra reading, getting ahead, revision tips and just basically getting y head around the subject??
I came up with a bunch of acronyms to remember stuff:

To remember the changes under New Labour remember RuPaul’s Drag Race: Rights, Parliament and Participation, Devolution and Decentralisation and Reform (Electoral and Judicial).

To remember the checks on the British Executive remember COPE: Commitees, Opposition, PMQ’s and E-petitions/early day motions.

To remember the checks on the President remember AVAIL: Annual budget, Veto, Appointments, Impeachment and Legislators.

To remember the checks on the Prime Minister remember ‘The 6 Ps’: Prima Inter Pares, Party, Parliament, People, Personal Qualities and Politcal Circumstances.
Last edited by AHoek10; 1 year ago
AHoek10
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ellap0173)
Hello, I have just started politics A level and already feel like I'm drowning. Does anyone have any advice for extra reading, getting ahead, revision tips and just basically getting my head around the subject??
I would recommend reading Politics Review articles they are super helpful and informative and if you can watch Prechewed Politics videos. Try getting flashcards and writing key case studies on them and having someone test you. Go online and find past papers and bullet point ideas of what you could say for them. If you’re struggling to come up with an answer, revise whatever topic that question is about. From what I’ve seen on past papers, checks and balances seems to be a favourite topic amongst examiners.

Tbh out of History, Spanish and Politics is definitely my hardest A Level so you’re feeling overwhelmed don’t worry and push through!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (15)
25.86%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
6.9%
No I am happy with my choice (36)
62.07%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise