Turn on thread page Beta

Happy Diwali/Eid watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ePholic)
    to u too. i was looking for a topic on eid. i couldn't keep all the rozas. i fell ill.
    I was the same last year. I had a nasty chest infection in the middle of Ramadhan.

ReputationRep:
    So... what did everyone do for Eid/ Diwali?

The first day of Eid me, my family and a few family friends went to the amusement park. We had a lot of fun screaming on the rides and fighting with all the saudis (boy they must think brits are confrontational)
    The second day we went to this place. It's like a big garden with rooms and a pool. It was to cold to swim but they let us do fireworks and we played a lot of games.
    The third day, yesterday, we didn't do much. At night we went to a friends and were up on the roof of their house when the started doing professional fireworks in the middle of the city. We could see it a hole twenty minites away and it lit up the sky. Then we played catch with the little kids and I thought the roof would cave in. It was quite fun though- despite the fact they were rather slow.

ReputationRep:
    :confused: is it only me who thinks that eid was so boring this year???????
    i didnt have any fun, all family gatherings, which couldnt let me go out anywhere ! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    my cousin died the day before eid. she was a 2 month premature baby and had a blood clot in her brain. not much of an eid for me and my family...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CarlitoBrigante)
    my cousin died the day before eid. she was a 2 month premature baby and had a blood clot in her brain. not much of an eid for me and my family...
    I'm sorry to hear that.

ReputationRep:
    ohh,, am so sorry to hear that.
    Cheer up. Things will be better hopefully .

ReputationRep:
    Im ok i just feel sorry 4 my uncle and their family...

ReputationRep:
    I'm very sorry to hear that. It's awful.

ReputationRep:
    awwww,I'm so sorry hun,my condolences to you and your family

ReputationRep:
    thanks everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    just thought id drop by and say Eid Mubarak those the muslims on here..
    may Allah bless you with health, happiness and prosperity!

and happy diwali and new year to all my fellow hindu people on here... hope you all had a really good time last night, and all the best for this new year ahead.

neha ..xxxx
    tis a nice gesture to wish every one a happy eid/diwali...wel dun for starting this forum....
    and happy eid/diwali everyone...
    take it easy.!!

ReputationRep:
    u no muslims have eid mubarak and hindus have sal mubarak ny reasons for the similarity?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amo1)
    u no muslims have eid mubarak and hindus have sal mubarak ny reasons for the similarity?!?!
    mubarak has the same meaning in both languages..(i think)..:confused:
    i know that urdu is spoken almost exactly the same as hindi, but i have a Bangali friend who says mubarak is the same in her language as well...
    i think there are a few same words..shanti is another word thats the same..

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 17, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.