At what point after passing did you get bored/fedup of driving?

Watch
J0n3zviper
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Im a little shy from having passed 3 months ago and I must say I am bored of driving. When I first passed I’d look for excuses to drive, if I didn’t drive for one day I felt weird, I’d wakeup in the morning and think of places to go just so I could drive.

Now time has passed this excitement is well and truly gone, most of the time I’m in my car I’m either complaining about other drivers, traffic, motorcycles and the biggest annoyance on the road cyclists. It just isn’t the fun it once was.
Joshkav
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I still love driving nearly 2 years after passing my test. I roughly drive 20,000 miles a year because i love driving so much, plus where i work is 45 miles from where i live. but like the drive
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I got bored of driving on the first long (200 mile) drive I did.

However, I've never gotten bored or tired of getting from A to B. And having the freedom to set off at any time that I want.

It's like I might get bored of shopping for food. Or peeling potatoes. But I never get tired of eating fresh, reasonably well prepared food.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I passed 5 months ago. I've never enjoyed it. I appreciate the freedom for visiting family + weekends away... But I don't enjoy driving and use my bike where ever practical. frankly it takes me the same time or longer to drive as to cycle to work and I find it miserable to sit in traffic.
rac1977
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have never really enjoyed driving, but I am glad that it is something I can do, as it gives me much more freedom.
Benstag1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you have no interest in driving you shouldn't be on the road, as if you have no interest in something, you aren't going to be good at it.
HumbleBee_x
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't think its about driving itself tbh, more about your destination.
julietlima3
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Benstag1)
If you have no interest in driving you shouldn't be on the road, as if you have no interest in something, you aren't going to be good at it.
This is a pretty incorrect generalisation.
MikolajK20
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
A little under a year I got bored of driving, then I bought a car that was a little bit more fun and got back that excitement back.
PTMalewski
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't get bored because:

-I've been trained to spot potential dangers by grandmother who has been taught to drive by ambulance driver who could drive an ambulance sideways. Several of her lessons were on a frozen lake, she always taught me to spot pedestrians and anticipate if they can recklessly walk on the road. She also taught me a lot about driving. It was a sort of her "hobby" to drive an RWD car during winter, driving it sideways through corners.

-I'm driving technique and rallying enthusiast. I've read, watched and trained a lot. Even when I drive slowly at place where there I are no pedestrians or other cars who's drivers may behave stupidly, I'm not bored because I automatically analise what could happen on that specific corner at different speeds or what would happen if I entered the corner at certain speed and threw the car I'm driving with the Scandinavian Flick and so on.

I've never had enough money to buy a car with active safety systems, so skills saved me a couple of times already, and I know that safety systems can't safe everything because they have to act on the grip provided by tyres and suspension anyway,.

If you think you already know all there is to driving, watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPuyXr1ZYRE
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I dont think ive ever got bored of driving (ive been driving for 9 years).
I go through stages, but never stayed bored with it for long.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (733)
33.86%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (926)
42.77%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (411)
18.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (95)
4.39%

Watched Threads