The Student Room Group

I am a introverted, extrovert and this is making me unhappy at university.

So i’m not sure if this makes sense but at the heart i’m an introvert but I have many needs of an extrovert. Unfortunately at university I haven’t made as many friends as I would like and this is a problem for me as I love to be with large crowds of friends. I makes me feel super confident and I don’t mind even being the center of attention for the crowd as how an extrovert would feel.

But as I said I don’t have many friends and in university in some lectures I have to sit alone and this is one of the worst feelings for me as I really hate it and due to my introverted nature I find it difficult to talk to people to join big groups. In sixth form I didn’t have this problem as I had a big group of friends so I was almost always happy.

So with my current situation I am extremely unhappy at university. I have dealt with this for 2 years of my course but now I have hit final year I have realized I am going to be alone after this year and will have nobody to talk to. I have attempted to talk to new people since going back to university and haven’t really found anybody i’d class as a friend.

Can someone advise me if i’m being super dramatic or any advise for me?
The usual.. societies, sports teams and volunteering student groups

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending