The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

hate accomodation

I have been allocated off campus accomodation at Exeter uni and i’m rly not enjoying it and don’t feel safe here i’ve requested a room move and i know it’s very very unlikely but does anyone know how likely this is and have experience of moving rooms whilst at Exeter.
Original post by Anonymous
I have been allocated off campus accomodation at Exeter uni and i’m rly not enjoying it and don’t feel safe here i’ve requested a room move and i know it’s very very unlikely but does anyone know how likely this is and have experience of moving rooms whilst at Exeter.

Hi. I am concerned that you say that you 'don't feel safe'. I know that you have requested a room move but think that you should contact one of the residence life team leaders (http://www.exeter.ac.uk/accommodation/contact/residencelifeteam/) and set up a meeting and talk through your safety concerns.
The likelihood of moving is impossible to judge as it will depend on the exact requirements you have requested and the situation there so I am afraid I cannot answer that part of your post.
But please do contact the resi life team above as your safety is of the utmost importance.
Kind regards
Karen
(edited 4 years ago)
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by Uni of Exeter
Hi. I am concerned that you say that you 'don't feel safe'. I know that you have requested a room move but think that you should contact one of the residence life team leaders (http://www.exeter.ac.uk/accommodation/contact/residencelifeteam/) and set up a meeting and talk through your safety concerns.
The likelihood of moving is impossible to judge as it will depend on the exact requirements you have requested and the situation there so I am afraid I cannot answer that part of your post.
But please do contact the resi life team above as your safety is of the utmost importance.
Kind regards
Karen

Is my accommodation covered by the residence life team as I am off campus and online it says that they only do certain rooms where I'm staying???
Within a few weeks there will be people who drop out of uni and so spare rooms in other accommodations will crop up. I know someone who had to share a room for the first few days, then the other person moved out to an ensuite room in an adjoining accommodation. Then the original person moved rooms again to be nearer people they knew in the second term. But Exeter is generally very safe - is it the location you are worried about or the people you are living with?
Reply 4
Original post by Hugh's Swan
Within a few weeks there will be people who drop out of uni and so spare rooms in other accommodations will crop up. I know someone who had to share a room for the first few days, then the other person moved out to an ensuite room in an adjoining accommodation. Then the original person moved rooms again to be nearer people they knew in the second term. But Exeter is generally very safe - is it the location you are worried about or the people you are living with?

Thank you. Both at the moment.
Is my accommodation covered by the residence life team as I am off campus and online it says that they only do certain rooms where I'm staying???

Good morning,

Which accommodation are you in? I cannot properly advise without knowing as I would not want to give you the wrong information.

In the meantime, if you haven’t already I would recommend getting in touch regardless as there is no harm in asking and I am sure they will help if they can. By emailing them you can arrange to meet a Residence Life tutor; alternatively the website mentions that you can attend a drop in session if you would prefer to raise any concerns you have that way. Once they know what your concerns are they can look at ways to help you.

I hope this helps- do get in touch if you have any other questions or concerns. I hope that this is sorted for you soon.

Melody
If you have ‘been allocated’ a room after applying for accommodation through the uni then it is likely that you are in a ‘nominated’ room. Guessing you are concerned that there is an asterix by your accommodation name on that website. That may be because those accommodations are not university run but by private companies and some rooms may have been taken on privately, not by applying through the uni. I would have thought you would be ok to refer to the residence life team.

I agree with Hugh's Swan- but if you would like me to check so you can be certain I am happy to do so. I will just need to know your accommodation. Please DM us if you would prefer.

Melody
Reply 8
Thanks they visited yesterday so i am covered

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending