The Student Room Group

Second year of university

I was just wondering because i have just started university but when am i going to have to think about next years accommodation. I haven't really made friends yet but i did talk to a couple of people today starting my course. Also in the second year do people go out partying and clubbing like the first year
Give it time. Not everyone wants to go out partying every night. I am sure when you get to know the other students there will be genuine, friendly people you can pal up with.
So when should I start thinking about next years accommodation. Its going to quickly already
I'm now in third year, and I started looking around January/February and found my house in the March. It depends whether you plan to stay on campus (if your uni even offers that, I don't know) or go off campus, and if so where.

At my uni, people definitely still go out, however I'm at a rural uni so there aren't any clubs, just the SU and some pubs in town. People did seem to calm down a bit, as second year grades counted, but they still attended weekend events just maybe not every one due to deadlines.

Does that help? It's tricky as these are things that differ due to experience, as I am sure you can appreciate.
My uni does off accommodation for second years but i have to admit i want to be like the majority of people and move out of halls for the complete uni expiereince

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending