Not living with flatmates in 2nd year?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Has anyone decided to live with non-flatmates in 2nd year?

If so, how did you meet them? How did you suggest/organise living with these people?

btw, I already know that I will not be living with my current flatmates!
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
When you become better friends with people, the University and your accommodation will probably poke at you to realise you should start getting ready to book for next year.

Most people will start asking eachother off-the-cuff. For some, it works out great, other people it works out horribly.

Some people can afford to live together / are compatible, some aren't.

Hope this helps
Joshua
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Has anyone decided to live with non-flatmates in 2nd year?

If so, how did you meet them? How did you suggest/organise living with these people?

btw, I already know that I will not be living with my current flatmates!
I had made good friends with my coursemates, and we shared a house in second year (along with a friend of one of them). We just brought it up in conversation what we wanted to do in second year for living, and we all had the same ideas about where we wanted to live etc. so it just kind of fell together.
ihatePE
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I moved in with people from the flat below mine. no personal dislike for my first yr flatmates, I actually got along with them and don't regret being put with them, but they're different people to me in the bigger picture and plus they didn't actually ask me to live with them again cos they split into different groups within themselves

so I moved in with one of my best friend that I met during freshers in spoons. it was a coincidence that we lived in the same building, but different flat. we explored the city together, we had night walks together, clubbed, cooked together, many things that friends do, then went out with her flat as a whole, we got on well, and we opened a dialogue about living together. the conversation about living together should not be weird or overthought, bring it up and ask ''what is your 2nd yr housing situation at the moment? would you be open to the idea of me being part of the 2nd yr house?''
although me and her were very close for the first few months, we knew it was a hard question, but we acknowledged it and were open with our opinions on it, and so it shouldn't be something to be scared of, a rejection is still better than not knowing you could be living with people you want .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (111)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (51)
12.91%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (79)
20%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (39)
9.87%
No - I live at home during term anyway (115)
29.11%

Watched Threads