The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jgcr2019
Hey. I received an offer too. What do you think of the course. Are you forming it?

I liked how international the syllabus was, but I never got to go to the post-offer day ;(( so I'm not sure if I'll choose it
Original post by sylviephillips
I liked how international the syllabus was, but I never got to go to the post-offer day ;(( so I'm not sure if I'll choose it

I am wondering too for a number of reasons. I have booked acccomodation though.

I do not know if it will be the same academic riguour or if the prestige is the same as for other courses of History.
I’ve applied for History with Education at Ulster through extra, however before that I had offers from Dundee, BBB, Winchester, unconditional if firm BBB if not, Newcastle, BBC, and hopefully I get into Ulster if not I will apply to Edge Hill
Reply 43
Original post by Riyeria
Specific Course:
BA History

Universities you're applying to:

- Oxford (waiting - fingers crossed)
- Durham (waiting)
- Exeter (offer)
- Nottingham (offer)
- Kent (offer)

A level / IB / Higher grades:
A* A A

GCSE grades:
9999 8888 77 (translates to 4 A**, 4A*, and 2 A)

Modern or Medieval History?
Definitely modern

Update:

I ended up firming Exeter and insuring Nottingham.

I was rejected by Oxford and Durham weirdly offered my Sociology, despite never taking a sociology class in my life. It wasn't what I initially wanted but hopefully, everything turns out for the better.
Original post by 04MR17

Are you applying to study History at University this year?
Well this is the place for you!
:party:

Post below with details about your...

Specific Course:

Universities you're applying to:

A level / IB / Higher grades:

GCSE grades:

Modern or Medieval History?:holmes:

Share as much detail as you're comfortable with.

You may also want to have a look at this HUGE LIST of other applicants threads for all the universities you're applying to as well as potential other courses if you're a joint honours student.:woo:

I'm currently a joint honours History student going into third year. Feel free to ask me anything in this thread about applying to and studying History at uni. :biggrin:

Anyone firmed Edi?:smile:
Original post by eve_2002
Anyone firmed Edi?:smile:

I have!!
Hey everyone - I've just graduated from my History degree (which was absolutely amazing!) at UCL. Obviously all unis do things differently, but if anyone has any questions about what studying History is like, ask away!
Also - me and two fellow History students have set up a blog where we talk about student life, which is gonna include some stuff about studying History! it's themillennialdiaries.tumblr.com or @the.millennialdiaries on instagram, so if you have any topics you'd like us to discuss, also let me know! :smile:
Currently second year history undergrad at Oxford Uni. If anyone has any questions about the application process feel free to message me:smile:
Hi there, University of Sheffield Alumni here.

We hope Results Day has gone well for everyone.

If you're entering Clearing, the University of Sheffield has places for History, which can be found on our website here: https://clearing.shef.ac.uk/

I recommend ringing the Clearing helpline to discuss your grades and to find out if you're eligible for a place. Our Confirmation, Adjustment and Clearing Helpline is 0114 212 9900 if you're in the UK, and +44 114 212 9900 if you're outside the UK. The lines are open:
Thursday 13 August: 8.00am–5pm
Friday 14 August: 8.00am–5pm
Saturday 15 August: 10am–2pm
Monday 17–Friday 21 August: 9am–5pm

I hope this helps and best of luck everyone!

- Tom
Specific Course: BA History

Universities you're applying to: Oxford (Waiting, fingers crossed), Durham (offer), St. Andrews (waiting), Manchester (offer), Exeter (waiting)

A level / IB / Higher grades (Predicted): HL 776 SL 776 TOK/EE 3

GCSE grades: A*A*A*A*AAAAB

Modern or Medieval History? Modern
Original post by anselxzhang
Specific Course: BA History

Universities you're applying to: Oxford (Waiting, fingers crossed), Durham (offer), St. Andrews (waiting), Manchester (offer), Exeter (waiting)

A level / IB / Higher grades (Predicted): HL 776 SL 776 TOK/EE 3

GCSE grades: A*A*A*A*AAAAB

Modern or Medieval History? Modern

This is a 2020 thread :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending