Psychology with criminology personal statement

Watch
UGP1023
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Soooo I want to study psychology with criminology but I’m worried about how to make the personal statement...

I’m I supposed to split the two up where I write about the psychology part in 2
Paragraphs and then go down to criminology in 1 paragraph or should I connect the two so there isn’t a direct line between them?

I hope you understand my question and thanks for your time
Last edited by UGP1023; 1 year ago
LaPregunta
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm currently writing my personal statement, pertaining to a different field, but I am well (enough) informed on criminology and psychology.

There's a distinction one ought to observe between psychology and criminology; the former is it's own field within the realm of social science, the latter is a subject under sociology. And so, basically, though at times they are intertwined they are separate and distinct - do not refer only to criminal psychology, do not refer only to criminology on a psychological level. (Could be the reason you was advised to split, so that you keep the two separate completely.)

If however, observing the distinction, you find there is an intriguing, it need not be initially manifest just well written so another can observe, link between the two, I would encourage you to make that link in your personal statement as admission tutors, and really anyone in the academic profession, love 'synoptic links'.

I hope what I have typed helps.

P.S. Golden rule: Never submit your personal statement to an online forum! Someone may steal it.
Last edited by LaPregunta; 1 year ago
hinghela
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would say talk about psychology, then link it to criminology, then focus on criminology.
I am also struggling with writing my personal statement though so might not be the best advice
UGP1023
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thanks for the advice, both of you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (80)
14.21%
I'm not sure (25)
4.44%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (179)
31.79%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.13%
I'm not a current university student (267)
47.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed