Ciel_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm going to apply for law at DMU for 2020. I have got GCSE's ranging from 9-7 and no AS grades as I am a priv candidate sitting both AS and A level (not even sure on why that info is necessary).

I just wanted to know if it is worth applying to DMU for law like are they good and did anyone secure places at the magic circle firms??
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ciel_)
I'm going to apply for law at DMU for 2020. I have got GCSE's ranging from 9-7 and no AS grades as I am a priv candidate sitting both AS and A level (not even sure on why that info is necessary).

I just wanted to know if it is worth applying to DMU for law like are they good and did anyone secure places at the magic circle firms??
Are they "good" is always an impossible question to answer as what do you mean by good? If you have to be in Leicester for some reason, then Leicester uni has a better reputation than De Montfort, so why not apply for both? I'm sure a career in Law is still very possible from DMU, but Law firms do care about academics so it will be the grades you achieve at A level that will determine whether your magic circle goal is realistic or not, not the uni you attend
Ciel_
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
Are they "good" is always an impossible question to answer as what do you mean by good? If you have to be in Leicester for some reason, then Leicester uni has a better reputation than De Montfort, so why not apply for both? I'm sure a career in Law is still very possible from DMU, but Law firms do care about academics so it will be the grades you achieve at A level that will determine whether your magic circle goal is realistic or not, not the uni you attend
That is a broad question you're right, but you answered it with the reputation bit (telepathic haha) I will apply to both thanks for the info
De Montfort University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,

Definitely apply to both Universities When applying to uni it is important to have options to choose from. Also if possible book your place for the open days. It's always easier to make the final decision about which uni is your first choice when you go to the campus yourself, see how everything looks and speak with current students and lecturers in person.

Our next Open Day is on the 12th of October I will be there as a student ambassador, ready to answer any questions you may have about DMU or just tell you about my experience as DMU student.

Here's a link with more info: https://www.dmu.ac.uk/study/undergra...SAAEgKRuvD_BwE

Good luck with your application!

- Dominika
Ciel_
Rep:
?
(Original post by De Montfort University)
Hi,

Definitely apply to both Universities When applying to uni it is important to have options to choose from. Also if possible book your place for the open days. It's always easier to make the final decision about which uni is your first choice when you go to the campus yourself, see how everything looks and speak with current students and lecturers in person.

Our next Open Day is on the 12th of October I will be there as a student ambassador, ready to answer any questions you may have about DMU or just tell you about my experience as DMU student.

Here's a link with more info: https://www.dmu.ac.uk/study/undergra...SAAEgKRuvD_BwE

Good luck with your application!

- Dominika
Thank you so much! I will definitely to apply for both
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (29)
5.48%
Uncertainty around my education (61)
11.53%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (64)
12.1%
Lack of purpose or motivation (69)
13.04%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (29)
5.48%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (24)
4.54%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (56)
10.59%
Financial worries (32)
6.05%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (20)
3.78%
Exposure to negative news/social media (33)
6.24%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.84%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (53)
10.02%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (44)
8.32%

Watched Threads