The Student Room Group

UR Models Scam

I am fighting against UR Models and New York Fashion, if anyone has any experience they don't mind me using again them please let me know. I'm going in hard and have already messages big companies they use to entice people into they're scam! Any experience or if you have the models on the day form, as I know they're all the same, please message me. Thank You Emily
Reply 1
Original post by Emilyeldred
I am fighting against UR Models and New York Fashion, if anyone has any experience they don't mind me using again them please let me know. I'm going in hard and have already messages big companies they use to entice people into they're scam! Any experience or if you have the models on the day form, as I know they're all the same, please message me. Thank You Emily

Hi, had the shoot yesterday and unfortunately did't check any information about them before so I paid 660£ caution, sitting now and thinking what can I do, really don't know.
Reply 2
Original post by Ccciuma
Hi, had the shoot yesterday and unfortunately did't check any information about them before so I paid 660£ caution, sitting now and thinking what can I do, really don't know.

Report it to action fraud and your bank, do not sign up with TMMC, they are part of the same scam, get as much information as possible. I did the same but am determined to not let them get away with this anymore
Reply 3
Report it to action fraud and your bank, do not sign up with TMMC, they are part of the same scam, get as much information as possible. I did the same but am determined to not let them get away with this anymore

I did report and the bank refund me all the money, but as I firmed the fu***ing contract, is there a possibility that they may do something to take the money again?
Reply 4
Gather as much evidence as possible, I've emailed companies they claim they work with and they've said they don't, I've got previous emails as well arguing my point about the 90 day garuntee, and everything I can that will help, it sucks but you have to not give up.

I had the exact same model report but the guy named Dominic as described by another report here with the fat belly and missing tooth.. I'm pretty sure was named "Adam"? So.... is the guy using different names?! JESUS. This is pretty scary operation. I'm sure once trapped in check mate... we should be able to claim our money back. Technically though they sold us a portfolio and that's what you do get... edited photos, webfolio etc. I've paid in full and i received it but after receiving the email from TMMC to register with annuam payment of £100 ... I started questioning WHY the fzck am i being asked for more money right away?! I've asked the money manager i was assigned to about it. Let's see if i receive ANY work offers.... it's definitely a very detailed organisation.... Honestly i questioned it because i saw people passing through who just didnt look like they could be models... and i myself am debatable in look for modeling but.... I thought it's worth the portfolio as thats about the price Id pay for a professional photoshoot ANYWAY..... I'm going to message my photographer from the test shoot as i took her details and ask her if she thinks they're scammers.

I want to shut them down also. Can i help?
This was the exact email i had. Omg. Another scam. I just finished paying like £750 for ny webfolio, Z-cards and digital photos. Then when i received invites from TMMC asking for another £100 to register for anjual 12 month agency contract and AIDEN my "model manager" passed on from ADAM the casting director... said i should sign up 100% without question.. and i googled The model management company and it brought up NEW YORK FASHION studio which is where i was receiving all the emails from the UR models portfolio office... I was like WTF?! WHAT CAN we do about this?! Can we get our money back?!?
I have been scammed too, I need help badly as lost a lot of money
Original post by LoveDivinity
I had the exact same model report but the guy named Dominic as described by another report here with the fat belly and missing tooth.. I'm pretty sure was named "Adam"? So.... is the guy using different names?! JESUS. This is pretty scary operation. I'm sure once trapped in check mate... we should be able to claim our money back. Technically though they sold us a portfolio and that's what you do get... edited photos, webfolio etc. I've paid in full and i received it but after receiving the email from TMMC to register with annuam payment of £100 ... I started questioning WHY the fzck am i being asked for more money right away?! I've asked the money manager i was assigned to about it. Let's see if i receive ANY work offers.... it's definitely a very detailed organisation.... Honestly i questioned it because i saw people passing through who just didnt look like they could be models... and i myself am debatable in look for modeling but.... I thought it's worth the portfolio as thats about the price Id pay for a professional photoshoot ANYWAY..... I'm going to message my photographer from the test shoot as i took her details and ask her if she thinks they're scammers.

It’s been over a year and I still have not had one job, despite sending so many emails to head office and “aiden” im sick of it. They can’t get away with it!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending