Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    do you look at the keyboard when you type?

use a few of your fingers, or most of them?

any idea about your average wpm?

ReputationRep:
    I look at the monitor or elsewhere, glancing down at they keys once every blue moon.
    Average WPM can vary from 50-75, depending on what i'm typing, or copying etc.
    I use most fingers.

ReputationRep:
    I think years of going on MSN/Message boards and typing up essays etc have made me a ridiculously fast typer. I don't use the accepted way of typing though.. I tryed that "Mavis something or other teaches touch typing" programme and hated having to keep my hands in the same place.
    And yeah, I never look at the keys anymore.

ReputationRep:
    I only use my thumbs on the space bar. Even if one of my fingers on the other is on the space bar i will use my thumb. I can type kinda without looking at the keyboard but I usally look down every 3-5 seconds.

ReputationRep:
    I look at the keyboard sometimes, my average words per minute are about 36 i think :confused: and i use most of my fingers to type....usually only about 2 or 3 on each hand though.

ReputationRep:
    I have the curse of touch typing.

When I get into a good flow I can type over 100wpm but that's assuming I'm not too cold or drunk(?!?!)

If I make the mistake of trying to look at the keyboard, it all goes to pot!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaeda)
    do you look at the keyboard when you type?

use a few of your fingers, or most of them?

any idea about your average wpm?

i use two fingers, but i also look at the screen when i type.

lol, it makes me laugh when i see people looking at the key board and typing with two fingers, especially when they're really slow.

ReputationRep:
    I did a free test somewhere and it came out with between 90 and 100 wpm (can't remember exactly) without looking

ReputationRep:
    touch type. bout 40 wpm

ReputationRep:
    i can touch type to a certain extent, sometimes i have to look, i havent counted how many words a minute i can do though

ReputationRep:
    do you look at the keyboard when you type? No

use a few of your fingers, or most of them? All

any idea about your average wpm? around 80-90

ReputationRep:
    Tried to do the mavis beacon course in primary but it always refused to save and I had to start again every time. The penguin game was amazing!

ReputationRep:
    do you look at the keyboard when you type? No

use a few of your fingers, or most of them? Most

any idea about your average wpm? No

ReputationRep:
    to work out wpm ( the easy way) :
    open up notepad, type a paragraph from a book for 1 minute and see how many words you can type (without spelling mistakes)

ReputationRep:
    My mum taught me how to type when I was younger, about 6 or 7. I touch type and use all my digits. Not sure about my words per minute, it is quite high though, I type almost at the speed that I speak.

ReputationRep:
    wow thats awesome

* can type very very quick w/out looking at keyboard * but that's cos i been on the computer since i was 12

ReputationRep:
    I touch type. I normally either watch the words appear on the screen or watch t.v. If I am trying I can get 60 to 70 words per minute.

ReputationRep:
    i type really quickly whilst looking at the keyboard
    maybe im just retarded...

ReputationRep:
    I can type awesomely fast, most of the time not even realising that i'm typing because I am looking at the monitor Go me

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.