Etennant
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hiya, I've just started A-level geology this year and I'm not sure how to write accurate and detailed notes since there aren't a lot of resources beside the textbook.
I've been told in my other subjects (biology and chemistry) that the textbook isn't enough to do well. If this is the same for geology what else do I need to do to do well.
Anyone have any resources they would recommend?
naem071
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What people have told you is a lie, you can do well using the textbook. The most important thing is to apply your knowledge to the different contexts presented in the exam using past papers. It's always worth doing some extra reading around the subject using reviews, or something as a simple as the Very Short Introduction to Geology, so you can consolidate what you've learnt and to gain some depth to the A-level content.
JanekC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Etennant)
Hiya, I've just started A-level geology this year and I'm not sure how to write accurate and detailed notes since there aren't a lot of resources beside the textbook.
I've been told in my other subjects (biology and chemistry) that the textbook isn't enough to do well. If this is the same for geology what else do I need to do to do well.
Anyone have any resources they would recommend?
HI, I have just started geology as well. Did you do GCSE geology? It might be nice to start a thread for geology if we can!
Etennant
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I didn't take GCSE geology or even geography but that would be great to do a thread. whether we just reuse this one or start a new one...
Etennant
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by naem071)
What people have told you is a lie, you can do well using the textbook. The most important thing is to apply your knowledge to the different contexts presented in the exam using past papers. It's always worth doing some extra reading around the subject using reviews, or something as a simple as the Very Short Introduction to Geology, so you can consolidate what you've learnt and to gain some depth to the A-level content.
Thank you this is reassuring, I thought this would be the case.
JanekC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Etennant)
I didn't take GCSE geology or even geography but that would be great to do a thread. whether we just reuse this one or start a new one...
Great news! I don't mind - we might as well use this one. However, I have also made one too ( https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6194882 ) in case it gets confusing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Nov '19
  • University of Hull
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties - Undergraduate and Postgraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (219)
70.42%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
18.65%
Yes but I might change my mind (34)
10.93%

Watched Threads