The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ooo make a poll :smile:

11 for me.
Reply 2
alkaeda
How many decimal places of Pi do you know by heart?

er...lets have a go:

:smile:
Reply 3
I just know the number to two decimal places or whatever.

Who would bother learning loads of it off by heart? Crazy, I tell you!
Reply 4
Pah i don't know that many - I don't actually do maths, but in one of the maths classroom they have (all?) the digits on a really long bit of paper and it goes all the way round the room. A maths teacher made it one day when they were very bored.
Reply 5
i duno any of them. :redface:...i always just use the pi sign and i only got told what the numbers were in 2nd year and i can't remember that far back lol.

Also i sometimes get that the VAT numbers mixed up...i thought pi was 17.5 for a minute there. :redface:
Reply 6
3.141592654 is all i remember. helps when you're programming and cant be bothered to load a maths library
Reply 7
2 people invented pi!
Reply 8
Yeah we have Pi to like 80 decimal places in our maths room, each number laminated.........i only know 3.14 shamefully despite doing A-level maths, 22/7 may be more appropiate for me!! Isn't the world record, like some japanese guy who remembered/memorized Pi to 2000 decimal places or something?? :smile::smile::smile::smile:
Reply 9
Saagar
Yeah we have Pi to like 80 decimal places in our maths room, each number laminated.........i only know 3.14 shamefully despite doing A-level maths, 22/7 may be more appropiate for me!! Isn't the world record, like some japanese guy who remembered/memorized Pi to 2000 decimal places or something?? :smile::smile::smile::smile:

really? :eek:
Reply 10
I have a book which has the first million digits of pi written throughout the book.....it also has a little story about how it was invented/used or something (I haven't read that part yet though :smile:)
Reply 11
i can remember up to: 3.141592 due to the phrase
"How I wish I could remember pi"

ie how= 3 letters, I=1, wish=4, I=1, could=5 etc
A million! :eek:

How many god damn digits are in it like?
We got told it was invented by some Greek dude or something lol.
Reply 13
sorry let me make an aweful correction. He knows Pi up to 40,000 decimal places..............:smile:
Reply 14
Oh dear god
Reply 15
need_money

an infinite amount
Reply 16
need_money
A million! :eek:

We got told it was invented by some Greek dude or something lol.

Lol. It's irrational, therefore infinite number of digits. Was invented by Mr Circumference and Dr Diameter.
Reply 18
sorry to correct myself again but some guy memorises Pi to 67,000 decimal places with just 15 mistakes, however the most without mistakes is 42,195 d.p, and they're both japanese!!
The entire works of shakespeare are written in the number pi (and every other irrational) if you assign letters to numbers.

Latest

Trending

Trending