Imu (international medical university) Watch

Fitrus Ali
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi, I am an International student looking to join the imu foundation in science course in April 2020. So If any present or former fis students can tell me about the difficulty of the course and the course content it would be appreciable. Secondly, how well do you have to do in the fis to progress to medicine in terms of percentage because I don't understand the gpa system.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Fitrus Ali)
Hi, I am an International student looking to join the imu foundation in science course in April 2020. So If any present or former fis students can tell me about the difficulty of the course and the course content it would be appreciable. Secondly, how well do you have to do in the fis to progress to medicine in terms of percentage because I don't understand the gpa system.
Hello - why are you considering the foundation in science course instead of traditional A Levels or IB? The risk of taking a foundation in science or medicine course at IMU is that other universities (UK/Australia/US) may not recognize it if you are applying for Medicine later. This is what some students have discovered after going the foundation route (IMU or elsewhere). If your grades are good stay the traditional route like A Levels, IB, etc and sit for UCAT/BMAT later. You will have more options later.
Eckk1999
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It is possible I went for the IMU university booth and they say in FIS the GPA to enter IMU-PMS track, you will need to get a minimum of 3.8/4 and IELTS of 7 to qualify for it. So all the best, GPA 3.5/4 is for those who want to complete their medical degree in Malaysia so you're awarded MBBS (IMU) instead of overseas medical degrees.
I do agree that doing foundation is a risk to everyone, in case you cannot enter the MBBS course the whole year spent in the foundation year will be wasted.A-Levels are more recognized worldwide, easier to secure. another thing is interview do well in them and I'm sure IMU can secure you a place in their medicine course.
Last edited by Eckk1999; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (420)
67.42%
No (203)
32.58%

Watched Threads