The Student Room Group

Migrant Worker Student Finance Maintenance Loan Financial Eligibility

Hello!

I've just started my Film Production course at Gloucestershire University in Cheltenham England, and I am still sorting out my student finance England documents to confirm my eligibility in order to receive my first payment on the 26th... ( It won't be the 26th as I have still got to send off payslips form the 1st of September confirming, that I am employed and earn / work enough to be accepted for student finance ).

My question is, what is the acceptable earning level or amount of hours for a migrant worker in England IN ONE WORKING WEEK to be positively reviewed and to receive the loan??
Or in another words, what is the minimum working hour for a migrant worker on week to be eligible for maintenance loan?

I am really worried, because I am freelance employed ( Deliveroo ) and I couldn't work as many hours as I wanted to in September do to me leaving to Poland from the 7th until the 20th of September, and I don't know how I am going to support myself financially if I won't be able to get the loan on time to pay my rent.

Today I am sending payslips to SFE from Deliveroo form the 1st of September until the 6th of September which are showing 12 hours worked that week from the 1st of September ( giving me total of £167.80 ).

Do I need to be employed / working at least part-time amount of hours (30-40) a week to be considered or can it be less??

My maintenance loan is £8,944.00 in total, and it is supposed to reach my account in three instalments of £2,951.00 + £2,951.00 + £3,040.00

I would much appreciate a fast response, and any ideas on this as I am really not sure what to do at this point and I don't know if I'll be even able to afford uni!! And that would be a disaster for me :/

Thank you!
Filip
Original post by Popiolek
Hello!

I've just started my Film Production course at Gloucestershire University in Cheltenham England, and I am still sorting out my student finance England documents to confirm my eligibility in order to receive my first payment on the 26th... ( It won't be the 26th as I have still got to send off payslips form the 1st of September confirming, that I am employed and earn / work enough to be accepted for student finance ).

My question is, what is the acceptable earning level or amount of hours for a migrant worker in England IN ONE WORKING WEEK to be positively reviewed and to receive the loan??
Or in another words, what is the minimum working hour for a migrant worker on week to be eligible for maintenance loan?

I am really worried, because I am freelance employed ( Deliveroo ) and I couldn't work as many hours as I wanted to in September do to me leaving to Poland from the 7th until the 20th of September, and I don't know how I am going to support myself financially if I won't be able to get the loan on time to pay my rent.

Today I am sending payslips to SFE from Deliveroo form the 1st of September until the 6th of September which are showing 12 hours worked that week from the 1st of September ( giving me total of £167.80 ).

Do I need to be employed / working at least part-time amount of hours (30-40) a week to be considered or can it be less??

My maintenance loan is £8,944.00 in total, and it is supposed to reach my account in three instalments of £2,951.00 + £2,951.00 + £3,040.00

I would much appreciate a fast response, and any ideas on this as I am really not sure what to do at this point and I don't know if I'll be even able to afford uni!! And that would be a disaster for me :/

Thank you!
Filip

Hi Filip,

There isn't a set number of hours or money you need to be making, the assessors would be looking to see if you are in effective and genuine employment where you are working and earning money which isn't marginal.

Regards,
Nihad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending