FlyFeathers
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Our school sent us an opportunity to register for the Investin Investment Banker Summer Internship in 2020 Summer at UCL for either 2/5/10 days. I was wondering if it's worth doing and if anyone have done it before? It's 1350 pounds for five days, which seems to be quite unreasonable. They mentioned that it will include a Private Experience-day, Cutting-edge trading simulation and a Private networking session.
That Swede
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would not. Is this pre-uni even?
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
there are free insight days that banks run which is likely to be a lot more valuable- apply to those
Seiko Tam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
My son has registered for a 10-day engineering internship, including an internship in Italy. Ironically, they offer options that we can cancel, but points can only be used for next year's bookings or rebooked to this year once the situation stabilizes. This is not an option! The benefits are entirely theirs! This is unfair treatment! Don't take classes at this company!
kobla
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Seiko Tam)
My son has registered for a 10-day engineering internship, including an internship in Italy. Ironically, they offer options that we can cancel, but points can only be used for next year's bookings or rebooked to this year once the situation stabilizes. This is not an option! The benefits are entirely theirs! This is unfair treatment! Don't take classes at this company!
i am in the exactly same situation! i booked a half internship for investment banking and they are not providing return of funds even if i am from another country that has completely shut its borders. they are offering a live and online version but its value is completely incomparable to the original programme
AnonymousAnalyst
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I think they make an application look worse, in my opinion.
smallrockwoodv
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by AnonymousAnalyst)
I think they make an application look worse, in my opinion.
Yeah exactly, it doesn't "show interest", it just shows you're well off.
AnonymousAnalyst
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by smallrockwoodv)
Yeah exactly, it doesn't "show interest", it just shows you're well off.
Yup, and that’s not a personality you want to work with imo
Seiko Tam
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
My son has registered for ten days engineering included trip to Italy. Ironically that we can cancel it but the credit can only used to book for next year or book back onto this year if once things can be settled down!!! This is not an option, the interests are completely theirs! This is unfair treatment! Do not take courses at this company!
Seiko Tam
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by kobla)
i am in the exactly same situation! i booked a half internship for investment banking and they are not providing return of funds even if i am from another country that has completely shut its borders. they are offering a live and online version but its value is completely incomparable to the original programme
The programme is already underway this summer, but the trip to Italy has been cancelled and will be refunded soon. I hope that my son do not have to continue to be isolated for 14 days.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (605)
33.84%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (749)
41.89%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (354)
19.8%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.47%

Watched Threads