The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Official Staffordshire University Applicants Thread 2020

Hello!

This thread is for anyone who's thinking of applying to and starting Staffordshire University in 2020.

Whether you have a question about one of our courses, accommodation or just a general uni query, or you'd like to start chatting to other applicants, just add your comment below :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Good luck to all applicants!! :rave:

:woo: For more applicant threads, please check this huge list of 2020 applicant threads HERE! :woo:

@04MR17
(edited 4 years ago)
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Hey :smile: I’m applying for fashion! Just wondering if there’s an interview/portfolio required for this course? Thanks :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous
Hey :smile: I’m applying for fashion! Just wondering if there’s an interview/portfolio required for this course? Thanks :biggrin:

Hey! I'm afraid I don't know myself, but i'll send an email and get back to you as soon as I do :smile:
Glad you're joining us, the fashion students create some amazing work, i'm sure you'll love it!

Thanks,
HB
Original post by Staffordshire University
Hey! I'm afraid I don't know myself, but i'll send an email and get back to you as soon as I do :smile:
Glad you're joining us, the fashion students create some amazing work, i'm sure you'll love it!

Thanks,
HB

Hi, Just following up on this one. Yes, there is an interview and portfolio is required. Admissions will send out the details to new applicants. Best wishes ^SK
Hello,

I came to your open day yesterday and completely fell in love and it's looking like you will be my definite first choice. I'm looking at doing Mental Health Nursing, I just don't understand the entry requirements? I'm currently doing an Access Course and it just says 45 at level 3. It doesn't give me any details on how many merits or distinctions I'll need!

Also, what is the interview like?
Hi @doublebusy,
So glad to hear you enjoyed the open day!
I've passed your questions on and will get back to you as soon as I get a response :smile:

Thanks,
^HB
Original post by doublebusy
Hello,

I came to your open day yesterday and completely fell in love and it's looking like you will be my definite first choice. I'm looking at doing Mental Health Nursing, I just don't understand the entry requirements? I'm currently doing an Access Course and it just says 45 at level 3. It doesn't give me any details on how many merits or distinctions I'll need!

Also, what is the interview like?

Hi @doublebusy ,

The word ‘interview’ can be quite scary and intimidating but don’t worry; our brilliant and friendly staff are here to put you at ease. Our interviews are short and informal and designed to make sure that students have the right values with a strong desire to work in healthcare or education.

We’ve got a video with our Child Nursing Lecturer, Keeley Guest, that explains a bit more about the process and what applicants can do to prepare - https://youtu.be/EAQRl7JP-_A

and we have a short blog article about what they can do to get ready for an interview.
https://blogs.staffs.ac.uk/health/2019/05/24/preparing-for-an-interview-for-a-health-and-social-care-course/

Also, a member of our Mental Health nursing team has said they'd be happy to have a chat with you. If you'd like to email them directly, could you send us over your email address in a DM and we will forward this onto a member of the team who will contact you and be able to answer any questions you have! :smile:

Hope this helps!
HB
Reply 8
Hi! I came to the open day on Saturday and I'm hoping to study Mental Health Nursing as a second degree, I don't have a question but I just wanted to say how amazing and welcoming everyone was, I was quite worried as I'm now classed as a 'mature student' (only 25 but still) but as soon as I walked in I completely forgot about that! My last open day was in 2013 and the reception I got from my previous uni was no where near as nice as staffs! Xx
Original post by JadeT194
Hi! I came to the open day on Saturday and I'm hoping to study Mental Health Nursing as a second degree, I don't have a question but I just wanted to say how amazing and welcoming everyone was, I was quite worried as I'm now classed as a 'mature student' (only 25 but still) but as soon as I walked in I completely forgot about that! My last open day was in 2013 and the reception I got from my previous uni was no where near as nice as staffs! Xx

I wonder if we were at the same talk? Xx

Hi @JadeT194
Thanks so much for the kind feedback. I'm glad you had a good day on Saturday. As always, if there's anything we can help with, just ask!
Best wishes, ^Shaun :smile:
I wonder if we were at the same talk? Xx

Ooh maybe! I was in the first chat about the course and then went to the finance one too, I'm ridiculously tall haha! What did you think of it? Xx
Ooh maybe! I was in the first chat about the course and then went to the finance one too, I'm ridiculously tall haha! What did you think of it? Xx

Amazing me too! Did you have red hair?

I loved it! It sort of confirmed everything for me that this is the university I want to go too.
Amazing me too! Did you have red hair?

I loved it! It sort of confirmed everything for me that this is the university I want to go too.

It's brown I think but might be slightly ginge! I did have a bright red skirt on though 🤗 yes same here I've got some other open days lined up but I don't think I need to go ha! Xx
It's brown I think but might be slightly ginge! I did have a bright red skirt on though 🤗 yes same here I've got some other open days lined up but I don't think I need to go ha! Xx

OH it was you, I think we sat on the same table at the finance talk! I was the one that looked super tired because I went straight in after a night shift! Are you coming from a college way or? Same! I'm meant to be going to Wolverhampton on Saturday but feel like canceling! xx
Hey there, all!

I'm Maxie Gee, a current Master's student at Staffs (Esports) and I've just graduated my degree from here too. If you have any questions about what it's like to live, work and study at Staffs, I'm more than happy to help!

- Maxie
Hello!

This thread is for anyone who's thinking of applying to and starting Staffordshire University in 2020.

Whether you have a question about one of our courses, accommodation or just a general uni query, or you'd like to start chatting to other applicants, just add your comment below :smile:

Does the University Focus on the Predicted Grades?? I wanna do CyberSecurity :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Does the University Focus on the Predicted Grades?? I wanna do CyberSecurity :smile:

Hi there,
Thanks for your question. The Cyber Security Course Leader has confirmed: "We focus on the actual grades, also IT/computing knowledge/experience would help".
Hope this helps. If you want to know more, feel free to contact us direct at [email protected] or come along to an Open Day where you can chat to staff and students and see our Cyber Security lab.
Best wishes, ^SK
OH it was you, I think we sat on the same table at the finance talk! I was the one that looked super tired because I went straight in after a night shift! Are you coming from a college way or? Same! I'm meant to be going to Wolverhampton on Saturday but feel like canceling! xx

Apologies for the longest reply ever! Ahh I thought it was you haha well done for coming after that I would be straight to bed! Well I'm working now but I've already done a degree finished in 2016 so bit of a mix! Have you applied already or have you got more open days to do? Xx
Hello!

am from Nigeria, I have a 3rdclass degree in computer science and i would like to apply for masters in business computing. what are my chances of being accepted?

Quick Reply

Latest