Turn on thread page Beta

Best thing for spots....ive found it! watch

(Original post by Cellardore)
    lol toothpaste is just a myth. It has no effect on your skin at all, except making it sticky.

The best way to help get get rid of spots is to wash your face with hot water (not soap) but an exfoliator in the morning and at night.
    You need to let your skin breath. But i also find that if you get a mud mask and dab a little bit on a spot before you go to bed, it helps alot.

The toothpaste thing isn't a myth. It gets rids of spots overnight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jow)
    Funnily enough, I am seeing a drematologist on Wednesday as well. I'm on roaccutane and you have to have regular checks to prevent liver damage and stuff like that... but it works!!
    yeah im on that stuff too, its cleared them a lot, almost all gone on my face and back

ReputationRep:
    Spots are Gods way of telling you you've been bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    Spots are Gods way of telling you you've been bad.
    Yeahhhhhhh :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by need_money)
    I heard toothpaste is also good for nookies.
    And what, pray, is a nookie when it's at home? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Don't take roaccutine it's directly related to suicides in teens!

ReputationRep:
    Yup teatree (i jus tried to spell that tee trea... it's too early!!!) is amazing! And toothpaste does work cos it's an astringent (acts all sciency )

ReputationRep:
    To be honest ordinary soap and hot (but non-scalding, of course) water twice a day is pretty effective. Although it does dry out your face, even to such an extent as to make it go red and sore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexander)
    To be honest ordinary soap and hot (but non-scalding, of course) water twice a day is pretty effective. Although it does dry out your face, even to such an extent as to make it go red and sore.
    It depends on how severe you get it.

:tsr: <------- What does that mean?

ReputationRep:
    Does TCP work? I've just put some on...

Today i woke up with ANOTHER spot! So now I have one on my right cheek, one under my nose and one of my left cheek. Join the dots!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enigmatic)
    It depends on how severe you get it.

:tsr: <------- What does that mean?
    "I think I'm the sh*t."

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know what to do for spots on the body. i have one on my chest which is pretty normal because i seen lots of people with it on tv. but i also have some on my back which are really irritating and ugly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airport Fairy)
    The toothpaste thing isn't a myth. It gets rids of spots overnight.
    lol so you're telling me that you go to bed with tooth paste dots all over your face, wake up and it's still remarkably there?:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Does TCP work? I've just put some on...
    Yup - works like a charm!! As does surgical spirit....

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    NOTHING WORKS! Arghhh! Yesterday i put TCP on my 4 minging spots at 12.30pm and 4.30. Didn't make a difference at all. Then, before i went to bed i put toothpaste on them...woke up this morning and they were still the same! Grrr!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    NOTHING WORKS! Arghhh! Yesterday i put TCP on my 4 minging spots at 12.30pm and 4.30. Didn't make a difference at all. Then, before i went to bed i put toothpaste on them...woke up this morning and they were still the same! Grrr!
    They never seem to shift. I find the best thing is to continue as normal and not to touch them because then they go quickly. Actually, anti wrinkle cream seems to be quite effective!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sloaney87)
    ive just discovered that 'tea tree oil' foam, and the day/night creams, i got from superdrug (hard to find one of these-in london there's one on oxford street) are soooooooo good for ure spots and ure skin...much better than clearesil/neautragena etc.

Just thought id share that with you..in case anyone is having spot problems.

you spotty bre

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramaya)
    They never seem to shift. I find the best thing is to continue as normal and not to touch them because then they go quickly. Actually, anti wrinkle cream seems to be quite effective!
    Usually, any spots i get go away after a day or two, but these won't budge! Funnily enough, i don't have any anti-wrinkle cream! Nor does my mum, who needs it! (j/k!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Usually, any spots i get go away after a day or two, but these won't budge! Funnily enough, i don't have any anti-wrinkle cream! Nor does my mum, who needs it! (j/k!)
    Hehe I stole some of my mums once. It has collagen (I think thats the one) which helps build up the skin, actually I don't know the real reason but it does seem to work, as does mouthwash (its sort of like toothpaste) but after a while it stops working. Apparently a face steamer (is that what it's called - I'm having trouble naming things today) is meant to work too, although I've never tried it.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.