The Student Room Group

Second thoughts on GCSE drama

Help!!! I chose drama for my gcse and now im having second thoughts on it. Im thinking of changing it to art. But both subjects are very challenging so i dont know which one to choose. Btw i have until Friday to make my final change.
Both are very pratical lessons. But I would go for drama as it will be used more in the future rather then if you were to take art. Drama helps with communication and confidence also in many other ways. Whereas on the other hand art just teaches you to express yourself. Btw art is hard to get a good grade in as its very challenging. But in the end its your choice in what you want to do. So just go for what you feel more comfortable with.
Hello! I’m currently doing GCSE Drama (AQA) and I switched from History to Drama (I’m already doing Geography, French and Music alongside this).

I say that unless you are willing to put effort into practical lessons, communicating with others and performing in front of people whilst obviously doing the theory and writing side of Drama, then I say change your subject. I have a group of people I have to work with for this year as part of my Devised Performance, and they cannot be bothered whatsoever with communicating and getting ideas and I have to end up telling them what to do. Never have a consistently negative mindset on a subject or else it will grow on you to hate the actual subject.

Though, I say just do what you believe is best in terms of practicality and what you’re comfortable with and if you are willing to put some work into it (as every other GCSE subject should)!

Quick Reply

Latest