What figures give the "cliff edge" conclusion for WTO Brexit? Watch

NJA
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I'd just like to look at the economists conclusions people are looking at.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I don't think it is about figures per se. More that whole swaiths of legislation, rules and regulations that govern the movement of goods into and out the country suddenly disappear overnight to be replaced by a process most who benefit from importing or exporting to the EU are either unfamiliar with or totally ignorant of.

For example if you sell to a company in France and they decide not to pay post delivery, how do you resolve said dispute post hard Brexit?
NJA
Rep:
?
(Original post by ByEeek)
For example if you sell to a company in France and they decide not to pay post delivery, how do you resolve said dispute post hard Brexit?
Take them to Court, European Corporate Law is there to ensure trade outside the EU is protected, otherwise it would cease, to the hurt of all.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
I don't think it is about figures per se. More that whole swaiths of legislation, rules and regulations that govern the movement of goods into and out the country suddenly disappear overnight to be replaced by a process most who benefit from importing or exporting to the EU are either unfamiliar with or totally ignorant of.

Invade France, Henry V and Edward III style
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by NJA)
Take them to Court, European Corporate Law is there to ensure trade outside the EU is protected, otherwise it would cease, to the hurt of all.
That is all well and good, but I imagine such a prospect adds significant risk to companies in this country who have got used to the same rules being applied across the EU. Over night, dealing with France which at present is like dealing with the company down the road becomes as complicated as dealing with China or South America.
NJA
Rep:
?
Has anyone got any actual figures or is it just what people "imagine"?
Burton Bridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by NJA)
Has anyone got any actual figures or is it just what people "imagine"?
It's what their poltical heros say, so it must be fact. They are too busy crying about a the term surrender and bringing dead mothers up to justify it too actually worry about the facts behind their own inflammatory language.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.21%
No (215)
76.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise