best uni societies to meet girls??

Watch this thread
missmycat24
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
no, this is not a pervy ask from a third year boy wanting to shag some freshers.

basically, i'm a second year girl with mostly guy friends missing the company of a girl friendship group. my course is really small and nobody else has all the same classes as me, so i found last year quite lonely. yeah, i've got a few close guy friends, but i really miss having deep girl friendships...friendships with guys just aren't the same (i went to an all girls high school).

so anyone know what societies are good to join to meet girls??
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Nice intro line

Have you looked at the societies your Uni has on offer? You might be able to get a feel for whether they're more male or female dominated by reading them. There may also be societies that are specifically or solely tailored to women. i.e. Women's Rugby, or something along the lines of that.

Check them out, or ask around. Most universities have a little society fair where you can go and ask questions.
Joshua
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
Cooking society, washing society, household chores society, beauty society, hairdressing society, barbie society?
Welshvisitor
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Cooking society, washing society, household chores society, beauty society, hairdressing society, barbie society?
That’s why you’re anonymous, right ?
chazwomaq
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Dance and feminist societies.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Welshvisitor)
That’s why you’re anonymous, right ?
Yessir
username402722
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
There are I assume language groups- perhaps one where lunch is all in another language? Assuming you are someone who speaks another language such as French or Spanish and is not some little Englander.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.52%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.11%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.41%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (24)
17.78%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (34)
25.19%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (27)
20%

Watched Threads