The Student Room Group

Started year 11 any resources??

I have started year 11 this year and my school havent taught me anything since year 9 or given any resources. If you have any advice or resources or websites please can you message me. These are the subjects that I am taking:
Triple Science AQA
History - medicine, elizabethan, cold war, germany Edexcel
Citizenship edexcel
Maths edexcel
French AQA
English lang and lit AQA
Sociology AQA
Computer Science AQA
Thanks so much if you can help
Original post by zhahdh
I have started year 11 this year and my school havent taught me anything since year 9 or given any resources. If you have any advice or resources or websites please can you message me. These are the subjects that I am taking:
Triple Science AQA
History - medicine, elizabethan, cold war, germany Edexcel
Citizenship edexcel
Maths edexcel
French AQA
English lang and lit AQA
Sociology AQA
Computer Science AQA
Thanks so much if you can help

Hello,
I did AQA triple science and the websites which I found the most helpful were: physics and maths tutor, maths made easy, study space by tutor zone and the exam board website for past papers. These websites also have help sheets on topics offering explanations for pretty much everything and the exam questions are pretty good (some of the mark schemes may be a bit iffy but ask a teacher to check if you are unsure). On youtube freescience lessons was my saviour!! The videos are very brief but there is a video for everything. Examiners reports on the AQA website can also be very helpful when you get a bit closer to exam season.

I also did Edexcel history (Crime and punishment, elizabeth, cold war and nazi and weimar germany) there are target grade 9 or grade 5 books which help a lot with not just revising the content but practising the exam technique (you will only do well in history if you understand how the examiners want you to answer each question because it can be quite particular). The examiners reports again can be so so helpful, especially for edexcel because they give student example answers and feedback with them.

For English in general Mr Bruff's videos are good, I think he has videos for every question on every paper. In the york notes revision guides for English lit, they give example answers for each grade, these are brilliant for understanding how to go about writing your essays- you can just learn the structure of each answer then apply the question to it. With English lang, the more practice the better, so you could just search in google for extracts of stories or articles then practice answering the questions with whatever source you give yourself- the questions never change so there will always be a question on structure etc so its quite easy to make up your own questions.

I did do AQA French but I wasn't very good as my french department was rubbish! However, quizlet is always good and so is memrise. You can also find basic childrens programmes like peppa pig in french which will allow you to practice your listening skills.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions! :smile:
getrevising, mrbruff english youtube, freescienceguy youtube, quizlet's flashcards
Reply 3
Original post by Student01234
Hello,
I did AQA triple science and the websites which I found the most helpful were: physics and maths tutor, maths made easy, study space by tutor zone and the exam board website for past papers. These websites also have help sheets on topics offering explanations for pretty much everything and the exam questions are pretty good (some of the mark schemes may be a bit iffy but ask a teacher to check if you are unsure). On youtube freescience lessons was my saviour!! The videos are very brief but there is a video for everything. Examiners reports on the AQA website can also be very helpful when you get a bit closer to exam season.

I also did Edexcel history (Crime and punishment, elizabeth, cold war and nazi and weimar germany) there are target grade 9 or grade 5 books which help a lot with not just revising the content but practising the exam technique (you will only do well in history if you understand how the examiners want you to answer each question because it can be quite particular). The examiners reports again can be so so helpful, especially for edexcel because they give student example answers and feedback with them.

For English in general Mr Bruff's videos are good, I think he has videos for every question on every paper. In the york notes revision guides for English lit, they give example answers for each grade, these are brilliant for understanding how to go about writing your essays- you can just learn the structure of each answer then apply the question to it. With English lang, the more practice the better, so you could just search in google for extracts of stories or articles then practice answering the questions with whatever source you give yourself- the questions never change so there will always be a question on structure etc so its quite easy to make up your own questions.

I did do AQA French but I wasn't very good as my french department was rubbish! However, quizlet is always good and so is memrise. You can also find basic childrens programmes like peppa pig in french which will allow you to practice your listening skills.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions! :smile:

Thanks so much! I will try and use these websites for revision :smile::smile::smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest