knowyourrole
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Context:My sixth form has predicted me ABB for year 13.

Initially, I was intending on applying to Russel group universities for Law (LLB). By having these predicted grades, it is essentially impossible for me to get into any of these top universities without going through adjustment at the end of year 13, which is still only the case if I do well; it is quite a risky decision to rely on adjustment to place me into a university. I also wanted to study in London but, once again, the good universities require high entry grades (mostly A*AA, AAA etc.)

I guess what I'm reaching at is whether anyone has any advice on what I should do. For instance, any recommendations for universities or general aid to my cry for help.

SOS.
imo__o
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I was predicted BBC so decided to apply post a level because I knew I would revise way more and way better coming up the exam as this is always the case for me (like in GCSEs). I also couldn’t find any unis I wanted to apply to with grades BBC so I figured post a level was best for me. I ended up getting AAA and can now apply for the unis I want to. So if you really want to apply to those unis in London and you think you could revise better in second year then I’d recommend a gap year and applying post a level with your grades.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by knowyourrole)
Context:My sixth form has predicted me ABB for year 13.

Initially, I was intending on applying to Russel group universities for Law (LLB). By having these predicted grades, it is essentially impossible for me to get into any of these top universities without going through adjustment at the end of year 13, which is still only the case if I do well; it is quite a risky decision to rely on adjustment to place me into a university. I also wanted to study in London but, once again, the good universities require high entry grades (mostly A*AA, AAA etc.)

I guess what I'm reaching at is whether anyone has any advice on what I should do. For instance, any recommendations for universities or general aid to my cry for help.

SOS.
I would apply to the London Unis that aren’t quite as competitive- Queen Mary’s, SOAS and City and see which ones give you offers. You could also apply to a couple close to London like Royal Holloway, if that is an option for you? Then you can decide what to do next when you get your offers back.... whether to accept 1 or 2 of them or take your chances in Clearing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (327)
34.6%
No (618)
65.4%

Watched Threads