Why is your favourite subject your favourite?

Watch
Holly jade
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Im bored and though this would be a fun and interesting discussion
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My fav subject is physics because it’s interesting and I like applying my knowledge to questions for the multiple answer questions
username4499734
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Business Studies coz it’s easy and I’m sh*t at everything else
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Holly jade)
Biology. From the cell to Evolution: everything what has to do with the things of life can be learnt in this subject. And I am so fascinating to know how life works and is to understand.
SlightlySummer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The more naturally stronger at it I am, the more I like it
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PetitePanda)
My fav subject is physics because it’s interesting and I like applying my knowledge to questions for the multiple answer questions
I liked this subject for another reasons: firstly the calculations referred more to everyday life things than mathematics did (they are even faster to grasp because of that) and secondly I like to think about the issues and to develop ideas to understand the lessons.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's a stopgap guide to the central thought of world cultures; I'm very good at it; it gives me a chance to mess around with old languages and legitimately claim I am doing 'research'; it allows me to put my natural pedantry to good use; I already had the requisite beard
username4952620
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
psychology. i did at AS level and it was SO interesting learning about how people think and behave. absolutely loved going to the lessons and that’s big coming from someone who despises studying
eliza6745
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Maths
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by eliza6745)
Maths
One of mine too. The best at this subject is that the lessons can be understand by logic, that is to say students have not to memorize any facts, they must just see the sense.
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Interesting
ellie_lin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Physics because it mostly describes and explains the physical universe.
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
I liked this subject for another reasons: firstly the calculations referred more to everyday life things than mathematics did (they are even faster to grasp because of that) and secondly I like to think about the issues and to develop ideas to understand the lessons.
True and I like how it all depends on something expect the speed of light and how it’s always constant. True it’s easier to grasp due to it’s more easy to know how to apply it with more realistic examples. Omg same but it’s mostly the ideas that my teachers put in randomly which somewhat relates to the topic so it’s interesting and it’s more of a in depth knowledge slightly.
username4970060
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Chemistry is 10/10

Sure I hate some bits of it (looking at you physical chem) but there are so many branches in it!
username4935358
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm probably a bit lonely with this one, but French. :blushing:

Learning a new language from scratch and getting something right, whether it be small or big, is one of the most rewarding feelings that I have ever felt. :blow: Being able to speak with other people, search into another culture and delve into a country's history is fascinating. But the most important is the hapiness and opportunities it creates, the freedom and liberty it gives you to travel around the world. You can pass this gift on to anybody. :poke:
I'm passionate about languages. That being said, I also enjoy Maths but not as much as French.
5hyl33n
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
English because you are not told your opinion is wrong 😂😂 No matter what you write you will at least get 1 mark (unless you write absolute nonsense).
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PetitePanda)
True and I like how it all depends on something expect the speed of light and how it’s always constant. True it’s easier to grasp due to it’s more easy to know how to apply it with more realistic examples. Omg same but it’s mostly the ideas that my teachers put in randomly which somewhat relates to the topic so it’s interesting and it’s more of a in depth knowledge slightly.
Anyway physics is a depth science in my view, as there are so many topics in which you are forced to think about the same lessons twice or even thrice to explain different phenomena. Light is a good example with the wave-particle dualism which means that light is both, otherwise the nature of it ends up in contradictions (just think about Fresnel lens and Einstein's photelectric effect).

(Original post by Chemical421)
Chemistry is 10/10

Sure I hate some bits of it (looking at you physical chem) but there are so many branches in it!
My second-favorite subject, partly because it is a good addition to the subject biology.
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
@Kallisto Yes I strongly agree even now anti particles and matter is an active area of research and many of the things we learn are all theory and there’s so much to find out. Omg I learn that today and it was so interesting how electromagnetic waves and us humans have wave-particles properties but we are at end of the particle spectrum and electromagnetic waves are at the end of the wave spectrum. I haven’t learn about the fresnel lens and Einstein photelectric effect but I honestly can’t wait because we learning more.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (10)
15.63%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (12)
18.75%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (28)
43.75%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (11)
17.19%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (3)
4.69%

Watched Threads