Ayli
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am a french student and I would like to pursue a top up degree in business in the UK . Do you think it is possible to pursue in master degree in a good uni in the uk after a top up degree ? Or it is not possible to pursue after the top up ?

Can I apply for a master at UCL , King’s college , LSE , Queen Mary or Manchester university after a top up ?

I’ll try Canadian and american uni like university of Toronto or Boston university aswell ? Are top up degree value and the same as 3 years bachelor degree ? Or you just get the title but not the same value ? I plan to apply to economics and business administration.

As I want to work in venture capital later or in a startup incubator.
My plan is to pursue a top up then take the GRE/GMAT to get into the best uni I can for my master .

Also I don’t have the equivalent of an HND or foundation year do you know if online certification or diploma are accept by universities ?

Thanks for your time.
filletofish
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
try and do a foundation year course at a reputable or semi-reputable uni, given your ambitions I'd say mark top-up courses as your last option.
Ayli
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So top up degree aren’t good ? Okay .
I had lot of health issues that stopped me from going to uni . I am 23 now and don’t wanna start all over again that’s why I thought a top up degree would be better . I saw that birkbeck was offering one aswell I don’t know if it is a good uni ? Is there any other option that I maybe do not know ?

I really don’t know what is the best past for venture capital in the uk ?

I thought about applying to Coventry university as they have multiple intake during the year and a campus in London . So I would get an easy access to the tech companies in London for internship ?
Last edited by Ayli; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (186)
43.46%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.45%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.71%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (90)
21.03%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (45)
10.51%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.84%

Watched Threads