Acebee
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Heya
So I bought goods outside UK a month ago and till this day I havent received email for the vat and customs. I emailed and called them several times but it was meaningless, they just said they don't know. And I got an email that says, "We have checked our records and we are unable to locate this waybill in our collection’s file."

Can somebody advice me on this because I don't want to be chased after for a debt that I am gonna pay but don't know if I should pay.
williamho
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
You need to supply more information with regards to your good

Sometimes the order is made but not processed. Because the good is out of stock. No payment was taken.

The most important question. Has the goods be paid for ?

Has the order being sent out ?

Is the goods being delivered by DHL ?
Is there a tracking number for this order ?
Has DHL given you the tracking number ?

you can track the whereabouts of your order first. Before deciding if you need to pay customs charge.
If you do need to pay the customs charge, you will receive an e-mail on ho much to pay

It sounds like your order is not being send out - no tracking number.
Acebee
Rep:
?
(Original post by williamho)
You need to supply more information with regards to your good

Sometimes the order is made but not processed. Because the good is out of stock. No payment was taken.

The most important question. Has the goods be paid for ?

Has the order being sent out ?

Is the goods being delivered by DHL ?
Is there a tracking number for this order ?
Has DHL given you the tracking number ?

you can track the whereabouts of your order first. Before deciding if you need to pay customs charge.
If you do need to pay the customs charge, you will receive an e-mail on ho much to pay

It sounds like your order is not being send out - no tracking number.
Thank you for your reply, Yup I have paid for the goods and are already in my hand. I'm just worried because I'm not familiar with paying import goods vat so I was worried iif I'm going to be chased after payment I'm not aware of. I haven't received any invoice whatsoever since month ago.
williamho
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
if you have already received your order. it means there is no custom charge.
Acebee
Rep:
?
if you have already received your order. it means there is no custom charge.
so it means that I don't have to worry because I'm not even sure if my goods are paid along with VAT or separate. It's just I learned that every imported goods will be charged VAT as well as dhl put an admin charge if uses their services (not sure of this one).
williamho
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
if there is a customs charge, the VAT man will wants to get their money first. And once you have paid them, the VAT man will release your order.

This is why the Tax man and VAT man always the first in the queue.
Take for an example. Thomas Cook travel agent going bust. The Tax man gets paid first. Even before the banks or any one else can get their share
Acebee
Rep:
?
if there is a customs charge, the VAT man will wants to get their money first. And once you have paid them, the VAT man will release your order.

This is why the Tax man and VAT man always the first in the queue.
Take for an example. Thomas Cook travel agent going bust. The Tax man gets paid first. Even before the banks or any one else can get their share
ohh alright, Thanks alot!
well DHL pays would pay it on behalf and would reclaimed for us but you know what, whatever, if they haven't me anything then I'll just move on with my life and if they suddenly send me a due payment I'll just keep bothering them about it. Thanks alot though you've been helpful love that VAT man example.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (291)
65.54%
No (153)
34.46%

Watched Threads