This discussion is closed.
amber100
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, so I achieved alll A’s at highers but received a very very low UCAT score (2240, band2). Would I be able to apply to gateway to medicine at Aberdeen? I would also be classed as widening access applicant. Thanks.
2500_2
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by amber100)
Hi, so I achieved alll A’s at highers but received a very very low UCAT score (2240, band2). Would I be able to apply to gateway to medicine at Aberdeen? I would also be classed as widening access applicant. Thanks.
Do you meet the eligibility requirements?
If so yes, you can apply to A1A1, they don't use UCAT to select.

If you applied to A100 as a widening access applicant, your UCAT score would need to be within to 75% of all Aberdeen applicants UCAT scores. According to this FoI request that was 2230 in the 17-18 cycle so while it's risky, it might still be worth your applying if you are absolutely determined about medicine.
amber100
Rep:
?
(Original post by 2500_2)
Do you meet the eligibility requirements?
If so yes, you can apply to A1A1, they don't use UCAT to select.

If you applied to A100 as a widening access applicant, your UCAT score would need to be within to 75% of all Aberdeen applicants UCAT scores. According to this FoI request that was 2230 in the 17-18 cycle so while it's risky, it might still be worth your applying if you are absolutely determined about medicine.
Thank you so much! Would i be able to apply to gateway course with all A's?
2500_2
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by amber100)
Thank you so much! Would i be able to apply to gateway course with all A's?
The website is pretty clear
You must meet both the academic and the eligibility criteria to apply. If your academic grades exceed the requirements e.g. AAAB at Higher we would still welcome your application.
but ring them if you are still worried
amber100
Rep:
?
(Original post by 2500_2)
The website is pretty clear
You must meet both the academic and the eligibility criteria to apply. If your academic grades exceed the requirements e.g. AAAB at Higher we would still welcome your application.
but ring them if you are still worried
Thank you for your help!
Nbhl
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone know what the standard requirements are for widening access applicants for advanced highers? Also would anyone know if I can apply to the gateway course if I'm a young carer( ie that's the only thing I meet on their list) + I also studied abroad for the first 3 years of secondary school would that also be a point? I didn't study in a prodomantly English school. Idk I'd be super greatful if anyone could help x
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
22.61%
Excited but a bit nervous (127)
44.88%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.72%
I'm really nervous (56)
19.79%

Watched Threads