The Student Room Group

There is a girl I want to go after at Prom

Right so basically, there is this girl that is going to my prom in 1 week and I really don't know how I am going to go about it. I have been told that I am a pretty person (I know how selfish and insecure I sound) but I have got to be honest - my game is ****.
I have spoken to this girl only twice briefly and I am 100% sure she barely knows that I exist but my friend that is bringing her is going with my best mate. Who really has no interest in her and has pretty much gave me permission to try and get her. She is pretty and all that but I have been told she is a pretty bland person. A lot of my friends are trying to go after her at the prom but I really want to at least try. But I am also going to the formal with her best mate.

Can someone give me advice? Preferably someone who has been in the same position as me but anything to be honest will probably be helpful.

Thanks so much for reading this and I look forward from hearing from all of you soon.

Gaz x
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Right so basically, there is this girl that is going to my prom in 1 week and I really don't know how I am going to go about it. I have been told that I am a pretty person (I know how selfish and insecure I sound) but I have got to be honest - my game is ****.
I have spoken to this girl only twice briefly and I am 100% sure she barely knows that I exist but my friend that is bringing her is going with my best mate. Who really has no interest in her and has pretty much gave me permission to try and get her. She is pretty and all that but I have been told she is a pretty bland person. A lot of my friends are trying to go after her at the prom but I really want to at least try. But I am also going to the formal with her best mate.

Can someone give me advice? Preferably someone who has been in the same position as me but anything to be honest will probably be helpful.

Thanks so much for reading this and I look forward from hearing from all of you soon.

Gaz x

I have also been told by my mate that she kisses everyone and they are full on so she may be a bit easy if that helps.
Reply 2
I'd start off by complimenting her on her outfit, her her, her makeup etc. Try and offer to get her a drink or something. Then you can start chatting hopefully. You can talk about things you have in common, maybe future plans/ university/ her interests, and try and progress from there. Be confident, accept that it will probably be rather awkward at first, but most importantly, be yourself.
Reply 3
Original post by Deggs_14
I'd start off by complimenting her on her outfit, her her, her makeup etc. Try and offer to get her a drink or something. Then you can start chatting hopefully. You can talk about things you have in common, maybe future plans/ university/ her interests, and try and progress from there. Be confident, accept that it will probably be rather awkward at first, but most importantly, be yourself.

She is coming to my house before the prom, with my mate so what could I do from there?
Reply 4
She is coming to my house before the prom, with my mate so what could I do from there?

Definetely ask her beforehand, either discreetly or otherwise what her favourite drink is, and be sure to have it for her especially. Maybe you want to coordinate colours slightly, eg you wear the same/ similiar colour tie as her dress, that's often what American prom couples do, if you wanted to. But just try and involve her in your conversations. Don't talk about anything that she might not like or find offensive, and make sure to compliment her a lot, as it's a day that girls will spend a lot of time preparing for.
Reply 5

Also ask her if she'd like to take a photo with you or with the other people as well. From what I've seen, the pre-prom gatherings are great opportunities for photos. I can't confirm though as I've never been to one.
Reply 6
Original post by Deggs_14
Definetely ask her beforehand, either discreetly or otherwise what her favourite drink is, and be sure to have it for her especially. Maybe you want to coordinate colours slightly, eg you wear the same/ similiar colour tie as her dress, that's often what American prom couples do, if you wanted to. But just try and involve her in your conversations. Don't talk about anything that she might not like or find offensive, and make sure to compliment her a lot, as it's a day that girls will spend a lot of time preparing for.

She is matching with my mate you see, I am matching with someone else. But I will be sure to buy her a drink and things and have her be as involving in conversations as possible thanks!
Reply 7
She is matching with my mate you see, I am matching with someone else. But I will be sure to buy her a drink and things and have her be as involving in conversations as possible thanks!

Okay. Best wishes, I hope you have a wondeful evening and enjoy yourself. Make sure to savour it.
Reply 8
I have also been told by my mate that she kisses everyone and they are full on so she may be a bit easy if that helps.

This made no sense whatsoever bro

Who is she kissing full on 🤔
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by SMEGGGY
This made no sense whatsoever bro

Who is she kissing full on 🤔

Like everyone she meets, just slang lol.
Like everyone she meets, just slang lol.

She meets people and starts snogging them? Male & female? Or you mean as in greeting that European kisses on cheeks crap
Original post by SMEGGGY
She meets people and starts snogging them? Male & female? Or you mean as in greeting that European kisses on cheeks crap

As in she snogs everyone she sees
As in she snogs everyone she sees

She's a ho, then why you worried go snog her dude 😉

Quick Reply