lexijoycee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
im currently in year 11 and am looking into the A-levels i want to do next year. i have always wanted to do something along the line of scientific journalism and i was wondering if i would have to take media as an a-level when i have already done it at GCSE(predicted an 8) and im definitely doing english literature.so to sum up will media be required or is english lit acceptable ?
English2001
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You can do 3 A Levels, so I would recommend media, english lit and english language (because a level English language is far more relevant to journalism than lit). But if language isn’t an option lit and media would be fine
Holly jade
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Media is often seen as a soft subject by unis so I would doubt very much that you have to take it, if you wanna do scientific journalism then it would be good to take a a science, history is a subject most people who wanna be journalists do because it teaches essay writing and critical thinking skills and is considered a much harder subject than media
I’d say look at the unis and journalism courses that you want to apply to, and it will literally tell you which subjects you’re required to do at A level
Last edited by Holly jade; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (56)
17.28%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (92)
28.4%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (121)
37.35%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.58%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.4%

Watched Threads