This discussion is closed.
dentistry12345
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am applying to dentistry 2020 entry this year through UCAS.
I achieved 5A* 3A 2B at GCSE and am predicted A*A*A. Unfortunately I achieved 595 UCAT average and band 3 which makes no sense :/.
I have built a strong portfolio of work experinece and believe my personal statement will be a strong part of my application and am still hopeful and believe I have a chance for unis with low emphasis on the UCAT.
Does anyone know or any suggestions on which universities I should apply to?
I know plymouth and Liverpool aren’t heavy on the ucat and because of my academics I’m considering Birmingham but if anyone has any unis that think would suit my background the most (based on academics and ucat score) then please let me know.
ReadilySalted
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by dentistry12345)
I am applying to dentistry 2020 entry this year through UCAS.
I achieved 5A* 3A 2B at GCSE and am predicted A*A*A. Unfortunately I achieved 595 UCAT average and band 3 which makes no sense :/.
I have built a strong portfolio of work experinece and believe my personal statement will be a strong part of my application and am still hopeful and believe I have a chance for unis with low emphasis on the UCAT.
Does anyone know or any suggestions on which universities I should apply to?
I know plymouth and Liverpool aren’t heavy on the ucat and because of my academics I’m considering Birmingham but if anyone has any unis that think would suit my background the most (based on academics and ucat score) then please let me know.
Try Bristol and newcastle, they tend to be lenient with UCAT
hwpo1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ReadilySalted)
Bristol weighs UCAT at 35%.
Newcastle has a very high UCAT cut off.
dentistry12345
Rep:
?
(Original post by ReadilySalted)
What?! Bristol this year is 35% UCAT 35% personal 15% gcses 15% a levels so they have a lot of heavy emphasis on the UCAT and not much on academics.
I heard Newcastle was UCAT heavy as well so not sure where you heard this from?
dentistry12345
Rep:
?
(Original post by hwpo1)
Bristol weighs UCAT at 35%.
Newcastle has a very high UCAT cut off.
So is Newcastle UCAT heavy as well then? If so I won’t apply and will probs consider Cardiff as they apparently have less emphasis on the Ucat. I got a 6 in language though but on the recent entry requirements it says hey consider applicants with b/6 in language.
hwpo1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So is Newcastle UCAT heavy as well then? If so I won’t apply and will probs consider Cardiff as they apparently have less emphasis on the Ucat. I got a 6 in language though but on the recent entry requirements it says hey consider applicants with b/6 in language.
Yh i think Newcastle is heavy on UCAT. Yh I also got a 6 in English Language and just recently noticed that Cardiff have reduced their requirement so I might apply to Cardiff
ReadilySalted
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What?! Bristol this year is 35% UCAT 35% personal 15% gcses 15% a levels so they have a lot of heavy emphasis on the UCAT and not much on academics.
I heard Newcastle was UCAT heavy as well so not sure where you heard this from?
My bad! I don't want to apply to any of them unis, but I spoke to my friend and he said that they are, I never actually researched it, solely based it on what he said since he is applying to those unis
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (180)
14.53%
I'm not sure (57)
4.6%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (365)
29.46%
I have already dropped out (36)
2.91%
I'm not a current university student (601)
48.51%

Watched Threads