Faiad
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

I'm in year 13 and currently taking further maths. However I am finding it somewhat difficult and i may drop down to AS further maths. However, I am not sure whether I should drop before or after I send off my university application. I am aware that if my offers don't include further maths I can call up the uni after getting an offer and ask if I can drop. My question is, will unis require me to get a certain grade in further maths even if its not a requirement?

I take maths, further maths, physics and chemistry.

I want to do comp sci at uni and I am considering Warwick Bath and Leeds.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Your offers will probably be something along the lines of A*AA to include mathematics + any two others, but it is possible that they'll ask for a specific grade in further maths - it might not be a requirement but it will have useful applications to the course and they know it (my physics offer specified further maths, but that's probably because one of my subjects was of no relevance to the course).
It's up to the university though. You should email or phone their admissions department if they don't have that information on the website.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.49%
I'm not sure (51)
4.53%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (331)
29.42%
I have already dropped out (34)
3.02%
I'm not a current university student (546)
48.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed