a level exams

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
can i sit one a level next year (2020) and then sit two the year after (2021) but apply to uni in 2020 for entry of 2021?
leore
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
You can apply for Uni 2 years ahead for example you can apply now in 2019 through UCAS for entry in 2021 so I don't see how that would be a problem.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
can i sit one a level next year (2020) and then sit two the year after (2021) but apply to uni in 2020 for entry of 2021?
Some universities want you to take all your exams in one sitting. I think you would have to research the universities and their entry requirements.
Anonymous #1
Some universities want you to take all your exams in one sitting. I think you would have to research the universities and their entry requirements.
hi, do you know where it would say for example; “3 a grades in... taken over the course of two years?”
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
hi, do you know where it would say for example; “3 a grades in... taken over the course of two years?”
It would normally say in the Exam Requirements section but might be best to check with the universities that you are interested in. The following is a real example. Look at the 2nd point.....

Standard entry requirement
The standard entry requirement is:
* SQA Highers: AAAA - AAAB by end of S5. If you haven’t achieved this by the end of S5 we may consider your application based on a strong performance in S6. A minimum of BBB must be achieved in one year of S4-S6.
* A Levels: AAA - ABB in one set of exams.
* IB: 37 points with 666 at HL - 32 points with 655 at HL.
Anonymous #1
It would normally say in the Exam Requirements section but might be best to check with the universities that you are interested in. The following is a real example. Look at the 2nd point.....

Standard entry requirement
The standard entry requirement is:
* SQA Highers: AAAA - AAAB by end of S5. If you haven’t achieved this by the end of S5 we may consider your application based on a strong performance in S6. A minimum of BBB must be achieved in one year of S4-S6.
* A Levels: AAA - ABB in one set of exams.
* IB: 37 points with 666 at HL - 32 points with 655 at HL.
Thank you I will have a look!! This one is bad then as I wanted them over two years 😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (12)
17.65%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (24)
35.29%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
7.35%
Speaking to staff members from universities (1)
1.47%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (7)
10.29%
Reading articles about what steps to take (14)
20.59%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
2.94%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.41%

Watched Threads