Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is University of Strathclyde in Glasgow credible? Don’t know many people who have been or are even applying to it. Is it respected by other students?
Max1989
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I go there for a Prosthetics and Orthotics, and it's one of the best courses in the world in this area, we have more international than home students, we have people from Canada, Zimbabwe even Brunei as it's world leading and people will come from afar to just to have the strathclyde name on their degree. But that's just my course...

It's top 10 in the UK for many Engineering disciplines via the complete University guide 2020, most of these courses are accredited by the highest institutions and the ones that aren't are pushing through and trying to get accredited as soon as they can.

It was voted best scottish university of the year 2020 by Times Higher Education, and is shortlisted for UK university of the year 2020 (results still t be announced)

It's business school is triple accredited, which can't get any higher.

It's Pharmacy course and Biomedical Science department is one of the best in the UK.

It's a world leader in innovation and research. It's top 20 in the UK for research,

And it has very high student satisfaction as that's what Strathclyde is all about, getting their students the best possible degree, but not in a harsh heavy work no fun way like other top institutions, but instead they have excellent support for their students, the courses are hard but if you are struggling there is always a friendly face you can turn to for support.

So yeah the one thing is Strathclyde isn't very well known, a bit like Cali, both are good if not excellent universities, they just aren't heard of outside of Scotland.

What course were you thinking of doing?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I would say it’s know very well within the uk and internationally. Calis a good uni too but I would assume Strathclyde is far better know being in the same level as Glasgow, Newcastle, bath etc. It’s almost impossible for someone applying to university in the uk to not of heard of it because almost all of its courses are ranked in the top 10 - 20 on league tables. It’s a top uni in the uk being an ‘old’ uni in the second cluster group along with 20 - 30 other main uk universities (includes the other unis I mentioned). First cluster is only Oxbridge. It’s courses are quite competitive with the 5th highest entry standards in the uk which shows how popular of a choice it is. Some people are put off applying to it because of the high entry standards but there’s no harm in trying and they’ll be more leniant if your paying uk or international fees. Good luck in your application!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Max1989)
I go there for a Prosthetics and Orthotics, and it's one of the best courses in the world in this area, we have more international than home students, we have people from Canada, Zimbabwe even Brunei as it's world leading and people will come from afar to just to have the strathclyde name on their degree. But that's just my course...

It's top 10 in the UK for many Engineering disciplines via the complete University guide 2020, most of these courses are accredited by the highest institutions and the ones that aren't are pushing through and trying to get accredited as soon as they can.

It was voted best scottish university of the year 2020 by Times Higher Education, and is shortlisted for UK university of the year 2020 (results still t be announced)

It's business school is triple accredited, which can't get any higher.

It's Pharmacy course and Biomedical Science department is one of the best in the UK.

It's a world leader in innovation and research. It's top 20 in the UK for research,

And it has very high student satisfaction as that's what Strathclyde is all about, getting their students the best possible degree, but not in a harsh heavy work no fun way like other top institutions, but instead they have excellent support for their students, the courses are hard but if you are struggling there is always a friendly face you can turn to for support.

So yeah the one thing is Strathclyde isn't very well known, a bit like Cali, both are good if not excellent universities, they just aren't heard of outside of Scotland.

What course were you thinking of doing?
(Original post by Anonymous)
I would say it’s know very well within the uk and internationally. Calis a good uni too but I would assume Strathclyde is far better know being in the same level as Glasgow, Newcastle, bath etc. It’s almost impossible for someone applying to university in the uk to not of heard of it because almost all of its courses are ranked in the top 10 - 20 on league tables. It’s a top uni in the uk being an ‘old’ uni in the second cluster group along with 20 - 30 other main uk universities (includes the other unis I mentioned). First cluster is only Oxbridge. It’s courses are quite competitive with the 5th highest entry standards in the uk which shows how popular of a choice it is. Some people are put off applying to it because of the high entry standards but there’s no harm in trying and they’ll be more leniant if your paying uk or international fees. Good luck in your application!
Thanks to you both, this has been very helpful. I am hopefully going to apply to Strathclyde, but have heard gcu is easier to get into, though am not sure how true this is. Honestly really worried about it as all of these unis seem to demand A’s for highers and all I have is B’s and C’s. Hope I’ll get in
University of Strathclyde
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is University of Strathclyde in Glasgow credible? Don’t know many people who have been or are even applying to it. Is it respected by other students?
Hey!

We are very proud, and extremely happy, to have been recently given the title of Scottish University of the Year 2020 by The Sunday Times Good University Guide. Hopefully this will help with your decision making

Have a lovely weekend!

Karen Robley
Official University of Strathclyde Rep.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by University of Strathclyde)
Hey!

We are very proud, and extremely happy, to have been recently given the title of Scottish University of the Year 2020 by The Sunday Times Good University Guide. Hopefully this will help with your decision making

Have a lovely weekend!

Karen Robley
Official University of Strathclyde Rep.
Thank you so much. And whilst your here, do you accept advanced joggers at A or Ba as an A at higher in entry requirements, similar to uni of Glasgow?
University of Strathclyde
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank you so much. And whilst your here, do you accept advanced joggers at A or Ba as an A at higher in entry requirements, similar to uni of Glasgow?
Hey! Can you let me know which course it is you would be interested in at Strathclyde? And I'm guessing when you say "joggers" you mean Geography?

Thanks!
Karen
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by University of Strathclyde)
Hey! Can you let me know which course it is you would be interested in at Strathclyde? And I'm guessing when you say "joggers" you mean Geography?

Thanks!
Karen
Man that’s embarrassing, no was typing this veryyyy quickly and forgot to spellcheck, I actually meant advanced highers. Sorry for late reply (and my poor spelling 😅)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (142)
18.83%
Labour (322)
42.71%
Liberal Democrats (153)
20.29%
Green Party (41)
5.44%
Brexit Party (21)
2.79%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (2)
0.27%
SNP (9)
1.19%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.8%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.13%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.13%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)