Guidance for Psychology essay ETHICAL issues methods of Pshy Investigation

Watch
Heyheyhey5
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Psychology Essay :Analyse The Use of Ethical Issues in Psychological Research

Mature student here, returned to education, doing a L3 access course (equivalent to A-levels)

Doing ethical issues on 3 studies (e.g little Albert, Stanford prision..) , aprox 1200 words . Could someone please give me some guidance on how to go about this, we have been told we must analyise and NOT describe, but I feel that Im describing instead. For ethics we can say what was good and bad , but i feel like i need a little guidance/example to get me on the right path. Many thanks.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 0natalie0)
Psychology Essay :Analyse The Use of Ethical Issues in Psychological Research

Mature student here, returned to education, doing a L3 access course (equivalent to A-levels)

Doing ethical issues on 3 studies (e.g little Albert, Stanford prision..) , aprox 1200 words . Could someone please give me some guidance on how to go about this, we have been told we must analyise and NOT describe, but I feel that Im describing instead. For ethics we can say what was good and bad , but i feel like i need a little guidance/example to get me on the right path. Many thanks.
Introduction should introduce the issue. Define ethical issues, give examples of some, and briefly introduce the research you'll be referring to
You'll need around 3/4 main points. You should briefly (in one sentence) summarise the studies you're speaking about, explain the ethical issues and then analyse why this was an issue, what the effects were of it etc
Conclusion should be a big summary of the issues, if there is one most severe issue, anything that could be done to avoid them etc.

Best to also contact your course leader/teacher etc. for help too.
DrSocSciences
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Informed consent
Data protection
Distribution

And be rigorous about analysing not describing. Decide on your structure: e.g. whether you analyse by theme across all 3 studies, or each theme sequentially across all 3 studies in turn. Personally, I prefer to read analyses that address the content with dexterity and concision.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (35)
18.13%
No one else does (64)
33.16%
I'm embarrassed about my background (18)
9.33%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (66)
34.2%
We don't use a video platform (3)
1.55%
I don't have a camera (2)
1.04%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
2.59%

Watched Threads