The Student Room Group

Am I doing things wrong?

I recently started uni and I’m deferring a year. I’ve been in school since I was 3 and am now 18. I just done my A levels and I feel burnt out. I want to work full time for a year and recharge my batteries before going back to uni unless I’m happy with my job. I’ve also had problems with my mental health that mean I really need a break from education, is that wrong for me to do?
Reply 1
Nah, not a big deal. If you are after going back to do maths or some of the sciences, top places are funny about how long you spend out of education. Even that can be mitigated. University will be there if/when you want to go back
Reply 2
Original post by gjd800
Nah, not a big deal. If you are after going back to do maths or some of the sciences, top places are funny about how long you spend out of education. Even that can be mitigated. University will be there if/when you want to go back

Psychology is the course and thank you for responding x
Reply 3
Original post by SharinTalks
Psychology is the course and thank you for responding x

You'll be fine. Do what you think is best for you and go from there. There's always a route back to education later on (I know cos I did it!)
Reply 4
Original post by gjd800
You'll be fine. Do what you think is best for you and go from there. There's always a route back to education later on (I know cos I did it!)

I just want to be happy, I haven’t been for so long, and uni hasn’t been helping because I’m not in the right state of mind for it yet.
Reply 5
Original post by SharinTalks
I just want to be happy, I haven’t been for so long, and uni hasn’t been helping because I’m not in the right state of mind for it yet.

I get it. If you think being out of it for a while will help you get yourself straight, then get out it it for a while. No shame in it
No. Lots have a year out.
Reply 7
Just a quick one I'm new to this so sorry if I don't reply right. I tried to go to uni straight from school. Hated it. Went back last year. After 5 years out. Do what's right for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending