The Student Room Group

Freshers

Is it normal to break up with your long time gf when you arrive at Uni?
You know damn well it is, ya player :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by OR321
You know damn well it is, ya player :wink:

I actually had made plans with my gf, I'm not and never thought I'd move on so quickly I just don't think it would work being so far away. Uni has just changed me and I'm getting so much female attention.
yes... so so many people my age back then did the whole 'Were going to make it work, despite being at uni!!'. All of then broke up within the first term.

The only couple I know who started in school, and made it all the way through uni, and are now married.. first went to uni later, not at 18, and secondly lived together throughout.

The reality is that relationships require two people to be on the same life paths, and universities quickly thrust you in different dirrections. Unless your at the same university, still living together/near, and still putting your relationship first, above the rest of your lfie, it won't work.

Best off end it with her as quick as you can so you both can move on quickly.
Plenty of people break up when starting uni, most who do can't handle the distance and then become increasingly busy with other things so the relationship takes a back seat. It does make me wonder how invested you were in the relationship if one of the reasons you're breaking up is because you're now getting female attention.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending