Harrietcrossin
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I have received an offer from Exeter uni to study history (V100) with A*AA and wondering why have i got an offer that is the higher end of what it can be? Is this because my application wasn’t as strong as they want it to be? (Entry requirements are listed as A*AA-AAA)
My predicted grades are A*A*A*
Last edited by Harrietcrossin; 3 months ago
Keewi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
AAA is the conditional offer.
If you do not meet the contextual offer requirements you will get the offer A*AA

Edit: I wrote conditional instead of contextual
Last edited by Keewi; 3 months ago
Harrietcrossin
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Keewi)
AAA is the conditional offer.
If you do not meet the conditional offer requirements you will get the offer A*AA
sorry I’m still confused 😬 I have met the requirements but it says offers will range from A*AA-AAA and I was wondering why I had received the higher end of the range? thanks for ur help x
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Harrietcrossin)
sorry I’m still confused 😬 I have met the requirements but it says offers will range from A*AA-AAA and I was wondering why I had received the higher end of the range? thanks for ur help x
No one can tell you for sure apart from Exeter themselves but maybe they reserve their AAA offers for people who qualify for a slightly lower contextual offer or maybe it is academic snobbery where they think you will be more likely to choose them if you see them as a Uni that is highly competitive
swanseajack1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I saw a video with Steve Smith vc of Exeter on this. If you meet the conditions for a contextual offer you get the lower grade. This is usually if your schools on their contextual school list of the lower 40% of results the previous year. You also meet the contextual condition if you have been in care. If you are not entitled to a contextual offer you get the higher offer of A*AA.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

13.69%
12.8%
2 (99)
12.55%
18.63%
22.94%
19.39%

Watched Threads