Fortauna
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I've done my tests now too - found them pretty tough really. But I will remain hopeful!!
Phoebe5800
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by kcbio)
And yes, I did practice...
Glad its not just me.. does anyone know when we find out if we made it through them!
HeBe44
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Phoebe5800)
Glad its not just me.. does anyone know when we find out if we made it through them!
I saw a post from somebody who did them last year and they said it was the day after the tests closed - so Thursday. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but I imagine we should find out relatively quickly as the test scoring is all automated. Fingers crossed everyone seems to have found them horrible so don't give up hope!
Lisa.Adams990
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes that was me! We found out at 11am the next day after the tests closed
Lisa
ER141
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi! I applied last year and Lisa is right, we found out really quickly. I didn't make it in last year, so I've applied again this year, did the aptitude tests this morning. I remember getting very anxious about them last year because I thought I'd done terribly, but I actually did fine. They're supposed to be hard so that they can weed out the bottom 30%, so don't worry too much, pretty much everyone finds them tough!
sourapples
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ER141)
Hi! I applied last year and Lisa is right, we found out really quickly. I didn't make it in last year, so I've applied again this year, did the aptitude tests this morning. I remember getting very anxious about them last year because I thought I'd done terribly, but I actually did fine. They're supposed to be hard so that they can weed out the bottom 30%, so don't worry too much, pretty much everyone finds them tough!
Best of luck this year! Did you get an interview last year? After you got rejected last year, how did you spend your year after, out of curiosity? I'm not very hopeful this year (doubt I even passed the aptitude tests if I'm honest ) so I'm gonna need to start planning my year before reapplying in 2021!
Dragonfly07
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Are applications closed right now? I'm looking to apply but I can't find a link to it.
Genetics Stud
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Dragonfly07)
Are applications closed right now? I'm looking to apply but I can't find a link to it.
Yeah they closed on 20th Jan I'm afraid
Dragonfly07
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Genetics Stud)
Yeah they closed on 20th Jan I'm afraid
And are you going to start working in September 2020? Or is it another date?

Edit: Just thinking about next year's applications and when I'll start if I'm accepted!
Genetics Stud
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Dragonfly07)
And are you going to start working in September 2020? Or is it another date?
Yes these were the applications for the Sept 2020 intake
Dragonfly07
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Genetics Stud)
Yes these were the applications for the Sept 2020 intake
Ah. I'm going to finish my master's in October anyway, so wouldn't have been able to make it in time! Thanks for your response
Fortauna
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I've been longlisted! So glad I'm over the first hurdle
username4693440
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I've been longlisted! Was pretty sure I had failed the tests but just happy someone will read my application now!
HeBe44
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well done! Me too
Genetics Stud
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Longlisted crew!
LakeClover
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Longlisted too! So relieved
ER141
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sourapples)
Best of luck this year! Did you get an interview last year? After you got rejected last year, how did you spend your year after, out of curiosity? I'm not very hopeful this year (doubt I even passed the aptitude tests if I'm honest ) so I'm gonna need to start planning my year before reapplying in 2021!
Thanks! I got shortlisted and put into the interview reserve group but didn't actually get called up for interview. I was working as a healthcare assistant at the time, but I applied for a different masters, so I'm now doing a masters in genomic medicine, which I would finish just in time for the STP (so fingers crossed!). I think the results for the aptitude tests are on your oriel application now (in that it should say if you've been longlisted, which means you passed). Good luck!
JersMatt
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Does anyone know when we will find out if we are shortlisted?
Hot Cross Bun
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi there JersMatt

I have no idea, but I feel like shortlisting occurs around March!
Last edited by Hot Cross Bun; 4 weeks ago
Fajita
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi there JersMatt

I also am not 100% but from past experience I feel as though it was around March. I remember there not being much time between them saying you had an interview / or not and the actual interview.

Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (378)
67.14%
No (185)
32.86%

Watched Threads