Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by ecolier)
Love yourself.

------------------------

Don't be desperate.
Don't be desperate is a peculiar one :-) How do you think it is life-changing? Just curious, not saying it is not
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TrotskyiteRebel)
Don't be desperate is a peculiar one :-) How do you think it is life-changing? Just curious, not saying it is not
For relationship purposes, especially on TSR where you have people saying "I am 8 years old, why do I still not have a BF / GF".

Being desperate and falling for the first person will usually* not work out, and could lead to a lifetime of pain and suffering.

*I say usually, back in the olden days many people marry their first love and stay married for decades. But how often do these happen nowadays?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Be kind
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PQ)
Be kind
That's very wholesome, but sometimes being too kind / kind too often can lead to your own downfall.

In fact (for me and some people) I would say the advice could be "don't be kind".
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
These are seperate:

TSR is addictive

Proceed with caution.
Last edited by Chronoscope; 1 year ago
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That's very wholesome, but sometimes being too kind / kind too often can lead to your own downfall.

In fact (for me and some people) I would say the advice could be "don't be kind".
I’d team it with “say no” tbh. But that’s because be kind includes being kind to yourself
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PQ)
I’d team it with “say no” tbh. But that’s because be kind includes being kind to yourself
Excellent! :congrats:
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Life is short
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Light follows darkness.
Karma never forgets.
Evil won't win.
TrotskyiteRebel
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
For relationship purposes, especially on TSR where you have people saying "I am 8 years old, why do I still not have a BF / GF".

Being desperate and falling for the first person will usually* not work out, and could lead to a lifetime of pain and suffering.

*I say usually, back in the olden days many people marry their first love and stay married for decades. But how often do these happen nowadays?
I get it now makes sense in the context of relationships. In other areas it is good to be desperate though. With relationships, I think there is something about your first love, I still think of her sometimes. I think that person kind of becomes the standard on which we judge everyone else in future relationships. Maybe that's why loads of people are desperate for their first love. Idk if it's the same with girls though.
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
We all die
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I get it now makes sense in the context of relationships. In other areas it is good to be desperate though. With relationships, I think there is something about your first love, I still think of her sometimes. I think that person kind of becomes the standard on which we judge everyone else in future relationships. Maybe that's why loads of people are desperate for their first love. Idk if it's the same with girls though.
Worse for girls probably, because many* girls will have boys chasing after them so if someone's desperate they could well make a mistake.

Young girls and young boys tend* to look for different things in a relationship, putting it mildly.

* please don't be offended if you're not one of them, but real life is different to TSR! Just look at tinder, imagine if a girl swipes right on everyone how many matches would she have!!
The Mogg
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Obolinda)
We all die
Sounds more like life ending advice than life changing advice. But oh well as they say, tomato tomata.
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by The Mogg)
Sounds more like life ending advice than life changing advice. But oh well as they say, tomato tomata.
That's not what they say.
The Mogg
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bio 7)
That's not what they say.
Well I say it, and I have just decided that one of my personal pronouns is they, so they do say it.
username4183328
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I start:

Forget Safety.
Stop caring
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (76)
63.33%
I don't have everything I need (44)
36.67%

Watched Threads