The Student Room Group

What’s better a level sciences and psychology or applied science

I need some clarification around which courses would be better to study to either get on to a degree in psychology or medicine. Would Applied science be better to take or a levels: biology,chemistry and psychology.
A-Levels, more Russell Group unis and unis in general accept them, whereas with applied science you may be cutting off some options. Go with what you think that you would enjoy, but if you're hoping to get into a really good university then A-Levels are the way to go :smile:.
Thank you for your advice, I truly believe that a levels are better too, however a lot of people have been telling me that btecs open up many pathways into universities, but I would like to go to somewhere like UCL.
Original post by The-judge-16
Thank you for your advice, I truly believe that a levels are better too, however a lot of people have been telling me that btecs open up many pathways into universities, but I would like to go to somewhere like UCL.

Ah I'm planning on applying to UCL next year! I just had a look for you and for their BSc Psychology and Medicine MBBS BSc, UCL don't recognise BTEC National Diplomas as acceptable for entrance to the courses. If you intended on going to UCL you would need to take another qualification, such as A-Levels or IB.
Original post by The-judge-16

Although if you wanted to do Applied Medical Science at UCL then you could do that with the BTEC Extended Diploma, it depends on the course you're interested in.
I’m interested in doing an undergraduate degree in psychology.

Quick Reply

Latest