The Student Room Group

CIE AS and A-level october/november 2019 discussion thread (and more..)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Nevine Ali
But what variant tho? They are all veryyyyy different

i guess your paper finished how it went and ofcourse what were the questions from
Reply 21
Original post by mihaaa
Just did chem practical v5, kinda nervous considering I had a wide variety of answers from my classmates. I hope I didn’t **** it up :/

plz tell what came in the paper.....i am variant 34 my practical is on 15th october
Reply 22
GUYS I HAVE A QUESTION MY PHYSICS PRACTICAL 9702/33 IS ON 8TH OCTOBER ...I WANNA ASK CAN WE ASK EXAMINER FOR SETTING UP APPARTUS AS I CANNOT SET UP ELECTRICTY APPARATUS I ALWAYS DO IT WRONG ..I PRACTICED SO MANY TIMES IN LA BUT COULD NOT GET IT HOW TO LIKE PROPERLY CONNECT...........I AM GOOD IF EVEN 5 MARKS ARE DEDUCTED FOR THS..... plz do tell me
My exam is in one hour

Original post by lostA*boy
i guess your paper finished how it went and ofcourse what were the questions from
Reply 24
plz tell what came in the paper.....i am variant 34 my practical is on 15th october

I found my variant (v5) to be very similar to 2016 nov V5
Reply 25
Original post by Nevine Ali
My exam is in one hour

hope it is going really well and similar to november 2016 paper
Reply 26
Original post by mihaaa
I found my variant (v5) to be very similar to 2016 nov V5

what subjects are u giving this session?
It was fine , simple but time consuming
So. I had my Chemistry practical today and messed up an enthalpy question. Im expecting below 20 and possibly a C in the practical component. Is it still possible for me to get an overall A in my AS Level and an A* in my A2? I don’t know just how they assign grades so any help is appreciated.
Reply 29
abhinaya1299
bro if you get around 50 in paper 2 and like 30 in paper 1 it's very possible....just held on your nerves and do theory and mcq exceptionally well as there is 20 day gap for mcq so you should ace them..for now focus on theory...my question is that guys will a proper moles question will come in paper 2 this time like what are the odds...lets predict physics and chemistry theory papers
abhinaya1299
bro if you get around 50 in paper 2 and like 30 in paper 1 it's very possible....just held on your nerves and do theory and mcq exceptionally well as there is 20 day gap for mcq so you should ace them..for now focus on theory...my question is that guys will a proper moles question will come in paper 2 this time like what are the odds...lets predict physics and chemistry theory papers

Thanks. Sorry It’s my first time taking them as a private student so i don’t really know how they’re marked. So as long as I get the marks you mentioned, it’s ok?
Reply 31
I didn’t, I had to skip some questions
Reply 32
Original post by Meolst
I didn’t, I had to skip some questions

was there a titration
Reply 33
Original post by abhinaya1299
Thanks. Sorry It’s my first time taking them as a private student so i don’t really know how they’re marked. So as long as I get the marks you mentioned, it’s ok?

listen so for AS LEVEL THERE ARE THREE PAPERS
MCQ IS 40 MARKS
PRACTICAL 40 MARKS
THEORY 60 MARKS
Reply 34
Original post by meolst
i didn’t, i had to skip some questions

where u rom and what is your theory code
Reply 35
was there a titration

Yup the first question
Reply 36
where u rom and what is your theory code

My centre is in Azerbaijan
Reply 37
Original post by Meolst
Yup the first question

DAMN atleast you got something eas now im praying titration also comes in paper 34
Reply 38
It wasn’t easy for me, I haven’t done any practical in months and whatever I did was Edexcel (I’m a private candidate and switched from edexcel to cie) but hope you do well in your paper :smile:
listen so for AS LEVEL THERE ARE THREE PAPERS
MCQ IS 40 MARKS
PRACTICAL 40 MARKS
THEORY 60 MARKS

So if I I make up for the lost practical marks in Theory and MCQ, then it’s OK? Is that how it works?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending