No friends in college

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I started college 3 weeks ago now and i literally have no friends there, i’m really shy and hate starting conversations with people but once they start it with me i’m fine and comfortable. literally in all my classes no one speaks because the teachers talks at us and when people in the class do speak it’s always with the friends they already have and i feel like am outcast. every break i go to the library and just watch youtube because i have no friends to hang out with, im becoming really depressed because of it. my mum asks me every now and then if i’ve made friends and my answer is always no and it just makes me feel like ****. has anyone been through this experience/ going through this and have any advice?
frostedomq
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am in the exact same situation, the best thing you can do is try and start a conversation with someone. Even if it is something like asking someone in the same class if they have done the homework, gradually you can build conversation from there. Also if you ever seen anyone else by themselves, they may be in the same way, but you have to be the bigger man and initiate the conversation.
Analyst89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Agree with the above.

Try and start a conversation with someone in class. Just say something relevant or about them.

Converse with the person next to you when you are waiting for class.
Em.-.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Exact same situation here and I’m in my final year before university and I just go home at lunchtime . Just gotta tell yourself you’ll be out of there eventually, I keep reminding myself i’ll be leaving next year. I understand the fear of initiating conversations and with any friends I have had, they have always talked to me first. I want to tell you to be strong and try to talk to people but yeah I understand how challenging it can be.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.41%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (68)
28.45%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (91)
38.08%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.55%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (6)
2.51%

Watched Threads